Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 11:49 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
He will still have some I think? ? If not its ok I can work and he will eventually work and we can have 2 incomes. The only real concern I have with him is him coming back and having severe PTSD (but we can work through it I would be so supportive)and him cheating because he's a player I think lol but again I'm patient and supportive and if I get him I would work hard to keep him
Great so you want to have a baby with a cheater, who may have PTSD, and you think this is a wise decision?
As for the medical, my dad was a 40+ year military veteran, and we had to fight to get his medical benefits. And he signed on when lifetime medical was part of the contract.
http://themilitarywallet.com/health-...-the-military/
This explains it, he may possibly get coverage for himself if he meets specific criteria, but it is unlikely you or a child would.

Please get your tubes tied.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:50 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
You are wearing rose colored glasses.
Creating a baby is amazing, but being pregnant isn't. What if you have morning sickness for nine months and get dehydrated and have trouble getting enough nutrition? Most likely your back will hurt. You will have trouble sleeping and get winded just walking through the grocery store. Your feet will swell and complete strangers will be rubbing your belly. Everyone will give you advice and tell you that you are doing everything wrong.

You may want natural childbirth, but things can happen. With my second, there was a complication and I required an emergency c-section. It happened so fast, I wasn't even awake for the surgery.

What if your baby has a disability? It is HARD!!! Are you ready for that? It can happen.

Are you ready for sleepless nights? Dirty diapers? Spit up on ALL of your clothes? No going to the bathroom by yourself for years? Paying for childcare or not using your degree? Being a good parent is work. Endless, thankless work.

Until you are happy with yourself, how can you teach a child how to be happy? Being desperate for love is no reason to have a baby.
I don't think she will come back to address this.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:55 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
One date, and he was drunk.
OoooOOoooooOOOO THAT'S HUSBAND MATERIAL ALRIGHT!!!!

Old 01-14-2016, 11:57 AM

741 posts, read 478,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Great so you want to have a baby with a cheater, who may have PTSD, and you think this is a wise decision?
As for the medical, my dad was a 40+ year military veteran, and we had to fight to get his medical benefits. And he signed on when lifetime medical was part of the contract.
Health Care & Insurance After Leaving the Military
This explains it, he may possibly get coverage for himself if he meets specific criteria, but it is unlikely you or a child would.

Please get your tubes tied.
That's ok I can get Healthcare and he might be different when he's back. Idk I just feel like I can't fully trust him now but maybe as he gets to know me more and know I'm great and care about him so much he will be more trustworthy

Old 01-14-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
You are wearing rose colored glasses.
Creating a baby is amazing, but being pregnant isn't. What if you have morning sickness for nine months and get dehydrated and have trouble getting enough nutrition? Most likely your back will hurt. You will have trouble sleeping and get winded just walking through the grocery store. Your feet will swell and complete strangers will be rubbing your belly. Everyone will give you advice and tell you that you are doing everything wrong.

You may want natural childbirth, but things can happen. With my second, there was a complication and I required an emergency c-section. It happened so fast, I wasn't even awake for the surgery.

What if your baby has a disability? It is HARD!!! Are you ready for that? It can happen.

Are you ready for sleepless nights? Dirty diapers? Spit up on ALL of your clothes? No going to the bathroom by yourself for years? Paying for childcare or not using your degree? Being a good parent is work. Endless, thankless work.

Until you are happy with yourself, how can you teach a child how to be happy? Being desperate for love is no reason to have a baby.
I didnt think of that stuff but it doesn't seem major. I think the biggest fear is having a special needs child. I have CP and it sucks so I can't imagine dealing with more handicapness or watching my baby go through it and all the social issues and stuff that would suck. I do worry also about not being able to teach my kids self love because I don't feel it lol

Old 01-14-2016, 12:01 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
That's ok I can get Healthcare and he might be different when he's back. Idk I just feel like I can't fully trust him now but maybe as he gets to know me more and know I'm great and care about him so much he will be more trustworthy
YOU MET HIM TWICE!

IF you want to have a relationship with him do that, but leave innocent children out of it until there is actually a real long term relationship, like several years living together. Not chatting, or hanging out, or meeting twice a year. A REAL relationship.

And how are you planning on getting health care? You don't even have a job!

Old 01-14-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
He was tipsy and we have known each other a year. He was on leave he's allowed to party it up if he wants he was so sweet and perfect and cute and flirty he's into me we skyped the other night and we are so attracted to each other. You're intentionally trying to make it sound bad but it's not. I know of people who literally met someone married them super fast and are happy. Or people who had one nighters and got pregnant and are married to the person and happy. That guy wants a baby so how he gets it I'm sure it won't matter he's not bad he wouldn't ever be a dead beat dad or something
Yes, I know one couple like that as well. It took them years to make things work. Even today my friend will tell you that if she had to do it over again she wouldn't of married him. They also took several years to have kids,because of complications. So chances are it might never of worked if had happened early. Marriage is tough even for couples who know each other a long time, and triply so for people that get married right off the bat. You haven't even dated this dude and already are planning a life with him. I suggest you take a very cold shower, and consider that there is a reason that divorces are so staggeringly high among members of the military.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:03 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,427,723 times
Quote:
No the military guy I met for the first time the Tuesday after Christmas. Prior to that we met (startedtalking) on pof a year ago exactly. We stopped talking and then started again in the summer then it ended because he didnt want to waste my time while he was there and I'm here and he won't be out for a while (at that time it was a year and a half). He was on leave for Christmas and came back this time and we met.

I disagree with more but I was driving and it was hard to type. I have been in therapy for years with a few hiatus. I started with a new therapist about 2 months ago. So I have seen this pregnant lady for 2 months.
So why don't you follow your therapist's advice and not do any online dating/communication for at least 30 days? Have you asked your new therapist why none of your past therapy has seemed to help you at all?

Old 01-14-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
YOU MET HIM TWICE!

IF you want to have a relationship with him do that, but leave innocent children out of it until there is actually a real long term relationship, like several years living together. Not chatting, or hanging out, or meeting twice a year. A REAL relationship.

And how are you planning on getting health care? You don't even have a job!
I finish school in may I will have a job by the time he's back with Healthcare.

I agree about what you're saying and it would be great if I was 18 but I'm 25

Old 01-14-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I finish school in may I will have a job by the time he's back with Healthcare.

I agree about what you're saying and it would be great if I was 18 but I'm 25
Do you have a job lined up now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting