Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 08:32 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Get one of these.
RealCare Baby Infant Simulator | Realityworks Childcare Training and Teen Pregnancy Prevention Products

Care for it for 3 months, then report back.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
I mean you can think what you want. I am. I'm not going to get pregnant tomorrow. I'm thinking more when the military guy is back which is summer fall time. I think if I have a job and apartment that's all I need and he will be a happy dad because he wants kids and be supportive and he will have medical and stuff and our income will be decent together I think
This guy, who you have met once or twice and say is a player is going to come back and just fall head over heel for you just because you have a job and an apartment?

Seriously?

Old 01-14-2016, 08:36 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Quote:
He said he wants to "settle down" when he's out. Get married and have kids and he loves his nephew. Idk I was being crazy yesterday. I mean realistically if it just happened I wouldn't be mad but it hasn't just happened yet. So many people just accidentally get pregnant you know and I haven't yet because I'm always careful but I'm starting to just not care anymore.
Did you share your baby fever feelings with him? Maybe he is just feeding you a line to get in your pants.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:40 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
YIKES!!!! The OP is making "I want a baby" sound like "I want an Iphone".

All sponsored by the tax payers of America, who will certainly be responsible for funding this package.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:41 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,187,089 times
If I truly felt a strong urge to be pregnant I would consider being a surrogate.

And, I had a hormonal surge that made me want to jump on any guy with sperm but I did NOT have a huge urge to raise a child as a good parent, day after day, endlessly, for years.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:44 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Quote:
I don't like animals so I don't want a pet. I'm not unhinged for wanting a family at 25
You're unhinged for being obsessed with a child at 25 while being unmarried and unemployed.

You need to develop a plan and stop obsessing about your feelings and desires. You need to work toward goals. You should talk to people about your goals instead.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:46 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,636,388 times
Quote:
That's true I do need stability. I should wait but how long? Finding a husband is so hard I've been looking for forever. I was just in a relationship that ended
Wait until after you're married and settled into your career for a year or two. That could be when you're 28 or 35. Your age doesn't matter until after 35, that's when the chances increase for a health issue with a baby. You have a full decade to work with, you have plenty of time. A lot can happen in a decade.

A stable home for your baby should be your #1.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:53 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Interestingly enough my therapist has the same license I will (hopefully) have in a month. She just had much more years of work and experience so.... she's only a few years older than me
Oh that's great.. congrats.

Perhaps the next thing in your life would be to focus on getting your career started with the intended goal of being able to support that child. You are still young with quite a few years left on the biological clock. Don't rush it. Once a child is in the picture, your career will have to be 2nd priority to the children which means career advancement may be stunted due to priorities.

Once you achieve a certain amount of stability, hopefully a spouse would also appear in your life. If not, you'll be far more capable of surviving single mother hood. Keep in mind too.. the legal ramifications of a child when it comes to the father. For example, you won't be able to simply move to where ever you want and take the child... he will have a say so as well (assuming shared custody).

Old 01-14-2016, 08:54 AM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
The reason I asked "why" she wants a baby is she seems more concerned with what she wants.

Having a baby is all about what it needs.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-14-2016, 08:55 AM

1,623 posts, read 1,724,877 times
Sure until you realize you have to take care of the baby then it isn't quite so fun. Don't have no baby you can't afford because a baby is way more than "getting pregnant".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting