Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 02:54 PM

741 posts, read 478,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sure.

Did you know that some STDs can make you sterile? That means no baby for you.
Did you know that some STDs are transmittable to baby? Way to be looking out for that future baby, mom.

But you trust this guy that you have met only TWICE, and called a player to be straight up with you about his past sexual history. Okay.
I knew that but I guess I didn't think about it like that. I mean I can't explain it. I don't know that he's a player? He talks to a lot of girls and when we hung out one was texting him but he wasn't answering because he said he "didn't want me to see him treat her bad and think that he would treat me like that ". He us confusing. He seems interested in me. I don't see why he would lie. He's there and I'm here.

Do you know what branches don't?

Ok maybe he isn't the best to have a baby with. I think it'll have to wait to see how he is when he's back and if he still wants me

Old 01-14-2016, 02:57 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Aren't you a little scared? What if you died? You have no one left to carry things on for you.

I'm afraid it won't happen and then I'm going to be sad for forever
Carry on things for what? I work as an Environmental scientist for the State. Pretty sure that's not any child dream career growing up. I wouldn't want anyone to carry on things either. I'd want them to forge their own legacies, and not be tied to mine. So no, I'm not scared at all.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:00 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,861,784 times
Quote:
12 is birthday month. Didn't put the day because that's too personal.

I was just browsing and saw a post about the best and worst things about having kids and someone basically said "having your heart live outside your body" that's so amazing like I just know how much I want a baby. I would be an amazing mom I know it. I really think when he comes back I'm going to try unless I meet and date someone sooner but I don't want to. The way I see it... I graduate in may if I got pregnant tomorrow I would still be 4-5 months along I should have a job by then or close to having one. I will be moving out of my apartment into another likely. Also my parents are great they would help if I needed it
WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

You are a hot mess and are not fit to parent anyone right now. Get your act together before being responsible for another person.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:04 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
I just turned 25 a few weeks ago.
My advice is simple: get a good education, get into a good career field, get married, and than have kids.

Here's another problem: as a 28 year old guy I can tell you that 90%+ of guys your age have absolutely no desire to become a father at your age. Most guys nowadays - heck, most people - don't really even start thinking about settling down and starting a family until their very late 20s or early 30s. It seems that for my generation marriage, kids, etc is something for when your thirty-something.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:04 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
I knew that but I guess I didn't think about it like that. I mean I can't explain it. I don't know that he's a player? He talks to a lot of girls and when we hung out one was texting him but he wasn't answering because he said he "didn't want me to see him treat her bad and think that he would treat me like that ". He us confusing. He seems interested in me. I don't see why he would lie. He's there and I'm here.

Do you know what branches don't?

Ok maybe he isn't the best to have a baby with. I think it'll have to wait to see how he is when he's back and if he still wants me
Per friends Army, Air Force, and Navy test for HIV yearly, but no other testing unless the person requests it, or goes to the clinic with symptoms. I would assume that the Marines are similar.

Again, maybe you should work on YOU before dragging another human (man or infant) into your fiasco.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:10 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
OP you have Baby Rabies. Giving into your irrational, emotional, hormonal drive to get pregnant is going to lead to disaster. You need to get a hold of yourself. You are not in a good place to have a child right now. You need to realize this urge has absolutely nothing to do with raising a human being (the hard part).

Old 01-14-2016, 03:19 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
12 is birthday month. Didn't put the day because that's too personal.

I was just browsing and saw a post about the best and worst things about having kids and someone basically said "having your heart live outside your body" that's so amazing like I just know how much I want a baby. I would be an amazing mom I know it.

I am a retired teacher, with a master's degree in early childhood development, many post-master degree credits in parenting skills, and a mother and grandmother and IMHO, you would NOT be an amazing mom. Maybe in three years or five years or more but right now? I strongly disagree.

Quote:
Also my parents are great they would help if I needed it.
Anyone who even mentions that their parents "would help" them raise their future child is, IMHO, too young and immature to have a child.

Have your parents actually told you that they would help?

What would you expect your parents to do? Buy a baby blanket? Babysit one Friday a month? Or are you planning on them providing free, fulltime child care so you can work? Or, help pay off all the bills for baby clothes and supplies and furniture? Or pay for books and toys? Or pay your rent or buy you a house? Or pay for a car for your child when they are a teenager? Or pay for your child to attend college?

Old 01-14-2016, 03:27 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,427,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches403 View Post
Sorry, my bad on the separated guy. He's 24 with one kid. Been reading too many posts in the relationship forum and got you confused with someone else.

And I went back and reread your first post about the military guy and you've met him twice, once a year ago and once 3 months ago. I wouldn't say you've really known him for a year and I wouldn't classify it as dating. Everything else I posted was accurate and I notice you didn't disagree with any of the rest of it.

In case anyone cares to read the other posts:

Taking a break in a relationship :(
Dating a guy in the military
Skipping friends engagement party?
Hey everyone, good chance the OP is a troll. If she isn't, you're wasting your time giving her the same advice as she's received many many many times before on this and the previous threads she's started about basically the same issue (see above). She has ignored all that advice to this point.

If the OP is real, then she's been in and out of therapy for years and it doesn't seem to have helped. She currently has a therapist giving her decent advice that she isn't following. If she won't follow the advice of her therapist, then it's highly unlikely she's going to listen to a bunch of strangers on a message board.

IMO, for what it's worth it's time to let this thread die. If you're just here to watch the OP trainwreck, then don't worry I'm sure the OP will start another thread about this subject next week when she/he gets bored again.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:10 PM

165 posts, read 174,666 times
Quote:
Hey everyone, good chance the OP is a troll. If she isn't, you're wasting your time giving her the same advice as she's received many many many times before on this and the previous threads she's started about basically the same issue (see above). She has ignored all that advice to this point.

If the OP is real, then she's been in and out of therapy for years and it doesn't seem to have helped. She currently has a therapist giving her decent advice that she isn't following. If she won't follow the advice of her therapist, then it's highly unlikely she's going to listen to a bunch of strangers on a message board.

IMO, for what it's worth it's time to let this thread die. If you're just here to watch the OP trainwreck, then don't worry I'm sure the OP will start another thread about this subject next week when she/he gets bored again.
I agree.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:10 PM

741 posts, read 478,595 times
Quote:

I don't understand why you think I'm trolling? Why can't I be a real person who just wants to be loved or have a normal life that most 25 year olds have? It's not outlandish to want those things people much younger have them. The friend who had the party is like 23 newly and getting married a second time she is hurrying because she and her fiance want to have a baby BEFORE 25. It isn't outlandish and given my life story it's even more to be expected that I would want to start a family young or that I would crave love. It's easy to assume I'm just joking but what would I gain? I mean coming on here being ridiculed? Yeah that's totally fun. I listen to my therapist but imagine someone telling you not to pursue the only thing you want the most you would likely not do it. I try I mean I deleted the sites and kept a few apps but I don't talk to people as much I am trying to focus on studying for class and licensing. Also because military guy means a lot to me. Point being I'm not outlandish or crazy or trolling for wanting to belong to someone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting