Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 05:27 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Well whats wrong with that. I mean babies are pretty great. And they do help w/ being lonely. They are tiny and need you. They love you. Some times its nice to be needed and it can help. A baby is life changing. Some ppl want that change and it is positive.
Feeling lonely? Having a bad day? Get a baby! They'll fix everything!

Old 01-14-2016, 05:30 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
Quote:
Well whats wrong with that. I mean babies are pretty great. And they do help w/ being lonely. They are tiny and need you. They love you. Some times its nice to be needed and it can help. A baby is life changing. Some ppl want that change and it is positive.
Quote:
Why that face? My nephew makes me happy and I have suffered from feeling lonely. Its not that crazy.
It's one thing to enjoy spending time with your nephew and that it's makes you feel less lonely. That's a normal result of human interaction.

So yes a baby could make you feel less lonely. But one should NEVER, EVER have a child who is born to fix things, change things, make you happy, fix a marriage etc...

You don't have a child because of what that child can give YOU. You have a child because of what you can give to that child.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:31 PM

741 posts, read 478,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
That's most likely because your line of thinking is eerily similar to a teenage girls on the subject, and for someone in grad school your grammar is atrocious. If that isn't the case, then you are proving you are not even close to ready to become a Mother yet.
This is Internet I'm not writing a paper for class. I mean realistically. I admit I am very immature and talk like a child and probably rationalize like a child but I'm not.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Says who?
Mostly all the people I know except 1 friend who wants to travel which is... wasteful to me

Old 01-14-2016, 05:33 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times
No Im not saying that. Im just sayin that I can totally understand some one thinking that, that a baby will make them happy and less lonely. Plus when you have a baby it helps bc you realize every thing isnt all about you. You have this tiny creature that needs you and loves you and its magical. I havent had a baby myself but I have been sad and wishing i had some one and my nephew has helped me thru that.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:35 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
This is Internet I'm not writing a paper for class. I mean realistically. I admit I am very immature and talk like a child and probably rationalize like a child but I'm not.
That's not really a good excuse on why you shouldn't make an effort to communicate properly.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:36 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Mostly all the people I know except 1 friend who wants to travel which is... wasteful to me
you do need an education if you think travel is "wasteful" travel teaches you more things than some can learn in a lifetime staying put.

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
No Im not saying that. Im just sayin that I can totally understand some one thinking that, that a baby will make them happy and less lonely. Plus when you have a baby it helps bc you realize every thing isnt all about you. You have this tiny creature that needs you and loves you and its magical. I havent had a baby myself but I have been sad and wishing i had some one and my nephew has helped me thru that.
The tiny creature doesn't love you. The creature needs you and is dependent on you. Love between a parent and a little baby goes one way and not in both directions.

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
No, they don't. Some of the most lonely and isolating times can be soon after you have a baby. All your friends are still at work, living their lives, and you are "stuck" at home with this baby who eats and poops all day every day, around the clock. You can barely get a shower in, let alone leave the house. If you can leave the house, it's for like an hour. You have no one to talk to, no one to have a real conversation with. Having a baby can be very lonely.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I have a feeling we may be dealing with an OP who is far younger than what she is telling us, someone who is very lonely, and dealing with a little fantasy. I have known of teens who were very lonely, had difficult home lives, and thought having a baby would solve all their problems.
No I'm 25 but I admit I felt like this at like 18 which is why it's eve worse because now I'm at an age where people are getting married and pregnant and it's ok it's feasible. I need it. I mean I just know a lot of bad could happen but a lot of good can too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting