Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 07:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Your talking to some one who literally has no heat in their house lol. I know what reality is I live it. But I also believe love conquers all. You may have very little but if you have love and family then you can make it. Some times I go hungry and go without, but its okay. You dont need money just need to get creative. Ppl have raised families with less and done just fine.
How is "love" doing at heating your house that has small children in it?

Old 01-14-2016, 07:52 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,095,367 times
Sigh.

OP, you're not ready for a baby. You're not. Certainly not financially, and it doesn't seem like you really fathom just how much your life is going to change by having one either.

I have a friend, she is 37 now. She got married in her late 20's, and wanted to have a baby. Problem was, her husband was a real piece of work. He couldn't take care of himself, let alone a child, or even pay for anything. Complete deadbeat. By the time my friend filed for divorce, all he did was drink and smoke on the sofa all day and watch tv, while she went to work every day supporting both of them. She gave up any thought of having a child with him, she had no time, and no money to give that child what it would need.

So she got a divorce. Still wanted a baby of course, even started to obsess about it a bit, just like you are. At her age, she knows she's basically out of time, but she's still single. Can't afford to have a baby on her own, and she knows it.

But you know what? My wife and I had a child, she is 2 now. We let my friend see firsthand just how hard it is to raise a child. My wife is a stay at home mom now. We don't have to worry about daycare expenses or one of us having to stay home when she's sick. We have it a lot easier than most couples.

However, the sheer exhaustion of raising a child wears on you. My friend came over to "assist" for a couple days when my wife was sick and she was in between jobs. She saw just how hard it was and it finally clicked with her. She was NOT ready to have a baby. In fact, she's now changed her mind completely. She understands she is not responsible enough to have a child, nor financially able to care for one properly either.

You need to concentrate on your own life first. Get to a stable place before deciding to start a family. Whether that includes a guy or not is up to you, but you should be prepared to go it alone if you have to, and right now, you can't do that.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:54 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
With all that:

Tell that to the landlord when the rent can't be met.

Why should she put herself in that position to begin with in the first place?
Not saying she should just sayin if worst came to worst. She could make it.

But yes I think you should be married before having a baby.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How is "love" doing at heating your house that has small children in it?
We manage thank you

Old 01-14-2016, 07:56 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Not saying she should just sayin if worst came to worst. She could make it.

But yes I think you should be married before having a baby.
Responsible people don't have babies knowing that they'll barely make it, and might not be able to feed themselves and heat the house.That isn't fair to the child. At all.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:56 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,095,367 times
Quote:
Your talking to some one who literally has no heat in their house lol. I know what reality is I live it. But I also believe love conquers all. You may have very little but if you have love and family then you can make it. Some times I go hungry and go without, but its okay. You dont need money just need to get creative. Ppl have raised families with less and done just fine.
So... you think it's a good idea to raise a baby in a house with no heat or food? Do you expect a crying baby to just "go without"?

Sigh.

Old 01-14-2016, 07:57 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
We manage thank you
You do realize that in some states you can have children taken from you for not having adequate living conditions?

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
We manage thank you
Don't you want to do more than "manage?" Don't you want more than that for your child?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
So... you think it's a good idea to raise a baby in a house with no heat or food? Do you expect a crying baby to just "go without"?

Sigh.
I said me... Not kids or a baby. I'm an adult. I would never let kids go hungry

Old 01-14-2016, 07:59 PM

741 posts, read 478,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
He is pushing you off, so obviously he doesn't feel the same. The whole "wants to wait until he gets out of the military before getting involved" is ridiculous. Either he (A) doesn't want anything serious , or (B) doesn't want anything serious with you.
So your whole "relationship" with this guy you have met twice exists only between your ears.
He just doesn't like to text. I just have to show him that I am the kind of girl he should be with. I am a quality person. maybe he just doesn't want anything serious right now? But he said when he is out he wants a wife and to have kids. I just have to really show him that I am best for him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting