Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 08:18 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,575,697 times

Advertisements

11 yo girls should not be sitting on the lap of ANY man IMO. The man should know this, and the girl should be told she is too old for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 08:43 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
So don't talk to the mom. Talk to the daughter and explain about good touch/bad touch and how grown men shouldn't be putting their hands on her. Then talk to the boyfriend, look him dead in the eye and tell him you know exactly what he is doing, you will be watching him, and you won't hesitate to call the police. I'm not even kidding. If you can do it with a group of people who have your back, even better. Maybe you can run him off.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:55 PM

12,842 posts, read 867,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
yes, she knows that the 2 of his family members are convicted child molesters. That was why it concerned me because he was paying more attention to the daughter than his gf

And he's her boyfriend because ... WHY? Seriously, is she that desperate? Who are these people? I have a hard time comprehending this because I don't hang around with trash. It's a shame all mothers (and fathers) don't put the well-being of their children first. Very sad.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:05 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
So don't talk to the mom. Talk to the daughter and explain about good touch/bad touch and how grown men shouldn't be putting their hands on her. Then talk to the boyfriend, look him dead in the eye and tell him you know exactly what he is doing, you will be watching him, and you won't hesitate to call the police. I'm not even kidding. If you can do it with a group of people who have your back, even better. Maybe you can run him off.
I don't feel comfortable having that talk since she isn't my daughter. That needs to be her mom's job. With her boyfriend, I could say something. I don't know how effective that would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
And he's her boyfriend because ... WHY? Seriously, is she that desperate? Too bad all mothers (and fathers) didn't put the well-being of their children first. I have a hard time comprehending this because I don't hang around with trash.
Apparently......she seems to NEED a man in her life whatever the reason may be. Sadly, some women are like that.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:19 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,211 times
Quote:
I was out with some friends. I couldn't help but notice my friend's boyfriend being overly affectionate with her 11yr. old daughter. He paid a lot more attention to the child than the mother and other adults that were around... My friend's boyfriend comes from a family of child molesters so I hope she is cautious having him around her. Would this be something to worry about?
Huge RED FLAG! Huge! Look of child sex offender registry in your area to see if he is on it. CD has one I believe.
Mom needs to move on...pedophile. Prick!

Old 01-17-2016, 10:24 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
I don't feel comfortable having that talk since she isn't my daughter. That needs to be her mom's job. With her boyfriend, I could say something. I don't know how effective that would be.
How comfortable will you be if you find out he's raped her?

Old 01-17-2016, 10:35 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
Huge RED FLAG! Huge! Look of child sex offender registry in your area to see if he is on it. CD has one I believe.
Mom needs to move on...pedophile. Prick!
No, he isn't on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
How comfortable will you be if you find out he's raped her?
Like I said, the mom needs to have that discussion with her daughter. It's not my place to have that talk with her about good/bad touch. Talking about sex can be a touchy subject. I hope that never happens to her.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:02 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Quote:
You might not feel comfortable with it but by talking to her you might save her from something terrible. You say you don't think the mum will listen to you, and she's letting this go on, so its highly unlikely she has talked to the daughter or plans to talk to the daughter about good touch/bad touch. Someone needs to do it and as it clearly won't be her mother then the right thing would be to step up and do it yourself or ask someone you trust that is closer to the family to talk to her.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:15 AM

3,563 posts, read 5,376,145 times
If the InterDreadnought has taught us ANYTHING, it's that the number of pedophiles and whackjobs out there are much, much larger numbers than we ever imagined.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:40 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
OP what is your intent here? You won't talk to mom, won't talk to the girl, won't contact the authorities.

Clearly, there is cause for concern here. Enough that you came to an Internet forum to bash the mom. Seriously, if she is an alcoholic how has the child's welfare not come up before this?

If you do nothing because it makes you uncomfortable, it makes you as culpable as the mother in failing this child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting