U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 12:33 PM

1,039 posts, read 607,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I think this is what G-fused meant! You didn't pick up on the sarcasm, maybe. BTW, sugar does not cause cancer.
Sugar causes cancer
Cancer causes: Popular myths about the causes of cancer - Mayo Clinic

Yes, it's how a lot of urban legends get started. See the above about sugar and cancer.

None of us are Oncologists.

Oncologists will tell you there are ways of Lowering your Cancer Risk.

No one is ever guaranteed a free pass but the road to a Lower Risk is well supported by medical evidence

Low Sugar Intake and Clean Eating results in fewer brushes with the Big C.

I have two friends, both extremely fit and health conscious women, both got cancer age 55 with zero risk factors

except one

both drink white wine

white wine is LOADED with sugar and sulphites and all sorts of ugly numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 12:45 PM

8,655 posts, read 4,795,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
None of us are Oncologists.

Oncologists will tell you there are ways of Lowering your Cancer Risk.

No one is ever guaranteed a free pass but the road to a Lower Risk is well supported by medical evidence

Low Sugar Intake and Clean Eating results in fewer brushes with the Big C.

I have two friends, both extremely fit and health conscious women, both got cancer age 55 with zero risk factors

except one

both drink white wine

white wine is LOADED with sugar and sulphites and all sorts of ugly numbers
A glass of white wine has about 1.4 grams of sugar; that's hardly "loaded". FWIW, I haven't seen any research linking sulfites (most of which are naturally occurring in wine anyway) to cancer.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:49 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,625,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
I think this is what G-fused meant! You didn't pick up on the sarcasm, maybe. BTW, sugar does not cause cancer.
Sugar causes cancer
Cancer causes: Popular myths about the causes of cancer - Mayo Clinic

Yes, it's how a lot of urban legends get started. See the above about sugar and cancer.
Well colour me red .

Old 01-18-2016, 03:27 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,976,729 times
Smart dogs are tofu hot dogs. With some slaw, onions, siracha they taste the same as a hot dog to me. But yeah, my kids dont really eat hot dogs except at bbq parties. My oldest wants hotdogs and burgers for her birthday party. I will probably get thumanns or kosher brand. Everything in moderation.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:30 PM

807 posts, read 430,535 times
10 hotdogs per month? Who goes to that many ballgames?

Old 01-18-2016, 03:32 PM

887 posts, read 464,120 times
I haven't eaten a hot dog for about 3 years now.

Didn't need a doctor (the only doctor I have is a dermatologist by the way) to inform me that grade Q mystery meat was bad for my health.

Actually, I've cut out a heck of a lot of meat consumption and get a lot of my protein from nuts now. Why would I want to eat from animals who don't get much exercise (thus not very lean) and are fed not from natural grasses, but are instead fed from GMO surplus crops and injected with toxic growth hormones?

Why? Why would anyone want that?

Old 01-18-2016, 03:35 PM

807 posts, read 430,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
I haven't eaten a hot dog for about 3 years now.

Didn't need a doctor (the only doctor I have is a dermatologist by the way) to inform me that grade Q mystery meat was bad for my health.

Actually, I've cut out a heck of a lot of meat consumption and get a lot of my protein from nuts now. Why would I want to eat from animals who don't get much exercise (thus not very lean) and are fed not from natural grasses, but are instead fed from GMO surplus crops and injected with toxic growth hormones?

Why? Why would anyone want that?
Why would you put mystery meat in your hotdogs? It surprises me the way people cook.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:57 PM

1,968 posts, read 1,195,948 times
ER docs and interns live on hot dogs to get through the 24+ hour shifts. At least, every one I ever knew did.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:52 PM

11,431 posts, read 13,981,162 times
I've pretty much stopped eating stuff with nitrites in it!

Old 01-18-2016, 05:14 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,117,886 times
I eat hotdogs at 7eleven all the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or