U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 09:31 AM

1,937 posts, read 1,164,620 times

Advertisements

And if you don't show up for court, there will be a bench warrant issued for your arrest, btw.

Get a lawyer and GO.

And slow the heck down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 09:36 AM

25,907 posts, read 35,027,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
You may want to the a few days off work for the trip, just in case. I'd also take a driver's improvement class and hire a lawyer.

ETA: I'm figured going that much over would land you in jail when pulled over, interesting.
Same here, as well as getting your car impounded.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:38 AM

20,426 posts, read 35,788,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisar007 View Post
I was given a speeding ticket for driving 103 MPH in the 65 MPH zone and reckless driving.

My court date is Febuary 2 in Westport court New York which about 270 miles each way from my residence.
OP is really bad with numbers!

Residence is listed as Elizabeth NJ, which is ~375 miles each way.
Unless it is part of a concocted story....

Old 01-20-2016, 09:41 AM

25,907 posts, read 35,027,121 times
Car Crash In Orange County Kills 5 Teens After Vehicle Splits In Half

Just going to leave this here. Forensics figured they were going about 100.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:53 AM

11,585 posts, read 17,530,612 times
For a reckless driving offense you need an attorney, that's pretty serious. It's possible that you can avoid going to court if the attorney can plead and settle it out on your behalf.
But you need that attorney - at this point your concern is keeping a valid license because you are probably looking at a suspension (which will be reporting to your state) at best, with some sort of fine....jail time at worst.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:08 PM

7,289 posts, read 12,893,827 times
Quote:
My court date is Febuary 2 in Westport court New York which about 270 miles each way from my residence.
Is there any way that I can prevent driving to the court ? I don't want to drive that far.

I'm willing to pay the fine but the cop marked the section that states , I must appear in person to the court for my reckless driving.
You're "willing to pay the fine" (and receive, I believe, a misdemeanor charge along with it)?

In the small chance that this is NOT a fake thread, the obvious answer here is to hire an attorney to appear for you. And you should be doing that regardless of whether you want to appear yourself.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:47 PM

4,703 posts, read 4,853,054 times
I'd recommend contacting an attorney.

I don't know about NY, but if you were caught going over 100mph in Virginia, you would be spending a few nights in jail. Reckless driving is a serious charge.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:09 PM

5,764 posts, read 3,202,102 times
Just drive really fast.... You'll get there in no time.

Old 01-20-2016, 03:55 PM

862 posts, read 475,433 times
I could never drive that fast. I get a little dizzy over seventy.

Old 01-20-2016, 04:27 PM

15,372 posts, read 25,618,469 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I was driving to Canada from New Jersey about two weeks ago.
I was pulled over in New York by N-87 thruway by police patrol car. I was given a speeding ticket for driving 103 MPH in the 65 MPH zone and reckless driving.

Is there any way that I can prevent driving to the court ? I don't want to drive that far.

I'm willing to pay the fine but the cop marked the section that states , I must appear in person to the court for my reckless driving.

If anyone can help please reply,

Thanks
Don't worry about the drive back. That will be at least 30 days after you get out.

here is one for you though, many people that tell you not to speed did it themselves. My first car was a 1971 Olds Cutless. It only had the 350CI motor but it did see 120 a few times. Not sure how fast it would do or how fast I had it up to, as it hit the peg at 120 meaning that the speedo would not go any further. My car was set up for speed. The tires were made for high speed driving. Not all tires are set up for that. You always need to check and also make sure your tires are in good shape. I hit the triple digits on long strait a ways. When I was doing it I was in an open area that I could see what was coming and going for miles. I was the only one around. Now imagine hitting 120+ and then slowing down to 80, you feel as though you are not even moving. LOL

Good times, although I have also like others learned my lesson. You can split a car in two easier than you think. I have never done it but have seen the aftermath of someone else driving into the 3 digit range. The problem with splitting a car in two is many times you take others with you for the ride or invite other passengers of other cars into your car without wanting to. No one has lived long enough to fill us in on if it was fun to go out like that. I mean, when you do that most of the time you are dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or