U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
Old 01-20-2016, 05:22 PM
493 posts, read 366,521 times
Reputation: 497


Im sorry if you were in NY they would not have just given you a ticket. If you were actually going above 90. I have a tendency to drive pretty fast when my kids are not in the car and even I know going that fast means going to jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 05:56 PM
12,936 posts, read 19,849,086 times
Reputation: 34052
If you're going to be dumb behind the wheel, be smart about what state you do so in. One of my sons got a super speeder ticket in GA (20+ over in a 75 mph zone). The ticket said court appearance required. He left for an extended trip overseas a week later. He wrote a letter to the court, explaining that he could not appear, would pay any fines, and didn't get an answer. I called, and the clerk knocked the offense down to 15 over, no points, no court, fine of $248.

Make a call, and don't do it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2016, 07:55 PM
103 posts, read 168,338 times
Reputation: 316
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Ask the mods to move this to the correct forum. Is there a number on your ticket you can call?
As long as its posted here, this guy is grounded... BIG TIME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2016, 05:23 AM
15,844 posts, read 18,508,907 times
Reputation: 25629
Do what others suggest, talk to a lawyer. Whatever you do You have to show up...otherwise that is more charges.
They only way you get out of showing up is your lawyer files certain papers.

By the way, you should go there and hire a local lawyer. You could consult lawyers at your home town..might find free consult...but any distance while raise your lawyer fees a lot.

If your young, go talk to your parents or relatives. Get some help with this.

Driving is a privilege...not a right...they can prevent people from driving again ever. Don't make stupid choices. Driving records can affect you forever, jobs, sr22's. And this might cost you your license for a few months.

My youngest, he is 30 now..but when he was a teen he made bad choices, finally lost his license. Smarter than mom of course.

I know he didn't think he was cool riding his bike and selling his Chevelle at 18....took him 3 more years, after riding his bike because of a suspended D.L...to get a clear D.L. record.

Get an attorney consult asap. And talk to your folks.

Last edited by JanND; 01-21-2016 at 05:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top