U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:18 AM

1,943 posts, read 7,631,800 times

Advertisements

Why is she leaving? Not every child runs away from home. What is the relationship between your sister and all who live at home? Sometimes, it's not always the fault of the child...they feel something is making them not happy at home...not all the time it's because they just can't get what they want...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 08:48 AM

170 posts, read 525,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplacelikeWA View Post
She ditched the phone on the first day for fear of GPS tracking?

She wasn't able to use her myspace account while she was gone because she was on the street with out money and no access to a pc.

She got very scared after she found out my mom filed a police report and wasn't going to come home until she was encouraged to do so by one of her semi decent friends.

She is not talking about what she did or who she was with during the 4days she was gone. The only thing she did share with me was that the people that she stayed with were on welfare with no phone or pc and that she almost got caught on the 2nd day when a cop pulled over the car she was in and all the kids got busted for driving with out a licensed driver and possession of several different kinds of drugs. Because my mom did not report her until the 3rd night the cops let her go thinking she was just a kid ditching school.

I am trying to get her to come live with us, I just pray she will come and my mom will go thru with it. If she does come it won't be easy getting her sober and back into some structure. I just hope she sees at as a 2nd chance.
I'm glad to hear she is okay. Hopefully,with your help, she can start making some decent choices. Kudos to you for even thinking to take on all that responsibility.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:32 AM

560 posts, read 1,967,998 times
If she has a drug and/or alchohol problem at this young age you really need to check into putting her into an in-patient program somewhere. I know that this can be expensive but it really is the best thing for her at this point. My little brother was involved in drugs and alchohol since the age of 13 or 14 and never got any help. He committed suicide on his 35th birthday last July. My parents had no idea what to do with him as a child and as he grew into an adult and moved away they could choose to ignore the behavior. The time to help her is now, while she is still a minor. Tough love is what is needed here and if your parents are not up to it maybe you can be the one who steps in and saves her from herself. Best of luck to you!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting