Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 11:40 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeurich View Post
Where does OP says she has another man or an affair? I cannot find something like that. What she said in case if she go out with out her husband he accuse her for chasing boys. Or did I miss something here?
Original post was edited. Why? I don't know but I can only assume based on the 2nd post in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Forget the other man right now. He is a distraction and not your savior.

Do your parents live nearby? Can you move in with them, at least until you get your own place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 01:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
look first, if he smoking dope , he needs to get arrested, That police record will help you in the divioce, maybe selling dope would help. if not at least he clean his act up.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Do not consider taking off in the middle of the night with your child. That could be construed as parental kidnapping. Every state has unique laws about parental kidnapping.

As for the credit card debt, Florida is an equitable distribution state. Equitable does not mean equal. Depends on the names on the account and who charged what and when.

Sounds like your husband is a stay at home dad and there is value in that.

Given money is so tight, what's with the nights out with friends. When he accompanies you, who watches the child?

Apparently there was mention of another man, subsequently deleted.

Seems to me there are two seriously immature people and a toddler in this relationship.

In any event, book some time with a divorce attorney, instead of looking for advise from friends and anonymous strangers on the Internet.

Then again, OP has not been back in 3 days............

Old 03-14-2016, 08:19 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I have to agree with moving out of Florida and starting over. Stop paying your rent and pocket the money for the move and the attorney. Your credit is already trashed and finding another place to live will be difficult anyway.

You have to get away from this train wreck before things get far worse and the debt mounts. I would file for bankruptcy as soon as your finances are divorced.

This is all pretty dismal but with a clean slate you can start over and rebuild your credit. Start by cancelling your credit cards right now. Cut off his supply of credit and digging into your pockets. Open your own checking account and cancel the joint accounts when the checks clear.

You're young and you have plenty of time to rebuild your life and make it better for you and your daughter. You may even find a better job then you have now. Good luck to you.
Your advice would be fine for a woman who doesn't have a minor child. That's not the case here.

Many people have to remain in states they would rather leave but can't due to custody issues. I know of a few people with kids who are 11 or 12, they're not leaving the state they're in until that child is 18.

OP can't just up and leave FL and start over. Not with her child in toe anyway.

Old 03-16-2016, 10:43 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
I'm also pretty sure you could make his visitation / custody contingent on him passing ongoing drug tests. I know someone who did this here in Texas.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:09 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
If you go the legal route and extricate yourself from this mess you need to take a break and seriously consider why you chose such a loser in the first place. What is it about you that led you there. (And I don't believe for one second there was none of this behavior prior to you two getting hitched)
If you don't examine that you can (and likely will) find yourself in the same situation in 5 or 10 yrs time.

Some possibilities might be you fall for charm/game instead of substance, you have a martyr complex where you want to "save" someone... In any event, just a mental note for the future. Good luck to your kid and you.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:17 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Obviously there's a lot more to the situation that hasn't been posted some of which has been omitted especially since the o.p. hasn't been back.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:59 AM

9 posts, read 6,628 times
Well my husband was abuser to me he turned his family Against me......it's ok today I've been separated from him for 8 years and I am doing much better...Now he with some crazy b**** that like to cut up herself..Wish them nothing but the best....ps. I would never never never go back with him....BLESSING TO EVERYONE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting