U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 03:42 PM

169 posts, read 110,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Okay, you need to make this stuff clearer in your threads. In the other thread, people are assuming that ALL of your children are grown, since you said your kids are grown.
They shouldn't be trying to insult my integrity. If poeple would read my previous threads I've talked about my large family. I don't "need" to mention that in all of my threads!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 03:45 PM

9,209 posts, read 18,039,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Z16 View Post
They shouldn't be trying to insult my integrity. If poeple would read my previous threads I've talked about my large family. I don't "need" to mention that in all of my threads!
Not sure who is insulting your integrity. I doubt most members are going to remember you from past posts, so it's really best to give a clear picture when you post a question. You kind of do "need" to include the relevant info. Assume no one knows anything. The only reason I noticed was that you have two simultaneous threads, one saying your children are grown adults and one saying you have a 8 year old. I wasn't going to go back and read your posting history. It's just that these two are both current threads, and they appear to contradict each other.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:51 PM

6,805 posts, read 3,275,204 times
Quote:
One thing that would help a lot is if you would answer the questions that people ask you. It's hard to give you opinions when you only give limited info and don't answer all the questions.

Once again, what do you say to her when she comes to you with these issues?

Old 03-17-2016, 03:53 PM

Also, when you say you encourage her to be a shining star that she is, can you explain what that means and what some of the things that you tell her around that are?

Old 03-17-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Also, when you say you encourage her to be a shining star that she is, can you explain what that means and what some of the things that you tell her around that are?
She is a beautiful and bright young lady.
She goes to school to learn and not everyone is going to like her.
Some people are just not going to get along.
If someone doesn't like her, stay away from them.
A book is always her friend.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:06 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
Quote:
I agree as I see a possible "red" flag here, maybe the mother has overplayed the child being a shining star and she carries an attitude of being "special" or "superior" to others. I'm guessing it is harder for a child with older parents from what I have seen throughout my life.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
She is a beautiful and bright young lady.
She goes to school to learn and not everyone is going to like her.
Some people are just not going to get along.
If someone doesn't like her, stay away from them.
A book is always her friend.

What you were saying seems pretty reasonable.

Do you empathize with her and let her be in those feelings or do you try to make things all better for her? Do you help her to problem solve or do you give her the solutions?

Old 03-17-2016, 04:23 PM

964 posts, read 640,039 times
She has a twin brother. It's possible that she expects school friends to be as steady and constant as her twin, but no relationship is as close as a twin. She may not understand what a special and unusual relationship a twin sibling provides.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
What you were saying seems pretty reasonable.

Do you empathize with her and let her be in those feelings or do you try to make things all better for her? Do you help her to problem solve or do you give her the solutions?
I do empathize with her, hug and kiss her. I ask her if she was able to play with anyone today and she played with 3 of her school mates (made my heart happy). I have reached out to her teacher for some assistance with this matter as well.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
She has a twin brother. It's possible that she expects school friends to be as steady and constant as her twin, but no relationship is as close as a twin. She may not understand what a special and unusual relationship a twin sibling provides.
Very interesting as I thought about that too. Since they are the opposite sex I pushed that to the side. I appreciate the input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting