U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 03:33 PM

24,469 posts, read 28,730,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Donalds View Post
The Process:

1) Take applications from all parents that claim they cannot afford to feed their children on weekends.

2) Send social services worker to house for "evaluation".

3) If the house smells of cigarettes, has any evidence of the ability to afford luxuries such as cigarettes, beer, marijuana, etc... immediately arrest the parent(s) for child neglect, welfare fraud, or both.

4) Place children in foster care immediately.

I've never met a "poor" person that didn't smoke cigarettes. Most people smoke between 1/2 and 2 packs a day; that's $3.50 to $14.00 a day. Most drink beer regularly. Most smoke marijuana.

Let's be real here. "The Poor" do not exist. Everyone has the means to achieve a level of survivability, but they'd rather spend their money on luxuries, such as illegal drugs. And don't say they're "addicted" because they don't. Who are you to tell someone else they're addicted? They have a "bad judgement" problem and not a "drug problem". They also have a "irresponsible breeding" problem, as well as a "surrounded by idiot leftist enablers giving them someone else's money" problem.

Back in "Ye Olden Dayes", the evil Patriarch would be fully aware of the deficiencies of these people, how foolish they were and how stupid it was to give them rewards for their bad and stupid behavior, and the Patriarch would require that they perform some kind of constructive activity before getting any kind of financial support.

And THAT is why the Left hates the Patriarchy so much. It requires performance in exchange for resources, and the Federal God-Government does not. It gives these parasites whatever they want, and for nothing. Anyways, that's why they hate the Patriarchy, and why we must return to it in order to ensure our collective survival. These parasites exist by definition on a life-track that is non-sustainable, otherwise we'd call them "constructive members of society" instead. Having direct, first-hand and human control over the distribution of community resources is the only way to make certain that they are used wisely and for the betterment of all, instead of the betterment of a class of a select few loudmouthed liars and whiners, that make-up fabricated circumstances in order to prey upon the compassion of weak-minded people who have achieved control over other people's resources via democratic process.
False. Don't just make stuff up and post it. It is impossible to live on one minimum wage salary. I bet you also think mom should be able to stay home no matter what, too.

1 Map Shows How Many Hours You Need to Work Minimum Wage to Rent an Apartment in Any State - Mic

Old 03-26-2016, 03:43 PM

12,913 posts, read 19,787,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I know that on a lot of food drives people just clean out their pantry of stuff they didn't eat or their families wouldn't eat. It's better than nothing but I try to give food that's a little better than that - you know, "good" vegetables (not just beets and brussel sprouts!), peanut butter, canned meat, etc. We need to think of the folks who are actually going to be eating this stuff and about the basics that WE would like to eat.
Even better, call the food bank and ask what their needs are for a particular month. The one I volunteer at provides a list. This month, it was tuna. I shared the message with my local contacts, and collected a ton of it.

I don't participate in random food collections. I find that far too often, as you said, it's people clearing out their pantries.

Old 03-26-2016, 04:30 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,223,751 times
The comment that this is an ugly thread - I don't think so. 90% or so of the people on this thread don't want children going hungry, reply back with real information to the uncaring few who oppose the program. This is a really good thread because it shows most, here at least, care, and maybe things will change in your country if enough people care and will make that known.

Old 03-26-2016, 04:49 PM

29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
It only looks "ugly" to people who insist everyone must agree on HOW to do things. I don't want kids to be hungry and fully support having food at school for them, simple cost effective food and as much as they want. I do have issue with putting the problem on feeding hungry kids in America (and other misc. social ills) on the school system though.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:15 PM

13,459 posts, read 21,199,786 times
Temporarily closed for moderation and consideration

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting