U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 10:02 AM

16,489 posts, read 15,932,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I would leave before the boy told someone a lie that you cannot get out of. I think people got lucky that the touching his "peanut" story didn't go further than it did. Its just a matter of time before something big happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logica View Post
Get out before you become the target of the boy's abuse accusations. Get out, report the situation to CPS, and run as fast as you can.

OP, what is the boy lies and you end up in prison for sexual abuse? Even after you get out of prison, assuming that you don't get killed in there for being a pedophile, you would end up on the sexual predator listing for life.

Frankly, you should pack your bags and leave today. Do not look back and do not leave a forwarding address.

BTW, I am a retired special education teacher, so I have some experience with children who are this disturbed at a young age. I can share true stories that would turn your hair grey. The five year old that tried to stab his mother while she was asleep, the parent who was forced to lock herself in the bathroom and call the police because her 12 year old was out of the control and was trying to hurt her, and several children who made up horrible, horrible lies to try to get some adult out of their lives. And at least a couple of those out and out lies ending up going as far as police involvement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 11:01 AM

2,054 posts, read 984,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbones112 View Post
His school thinks his father is awesome even though he has never showed up for one meeting or iep plan and thinks we are the problem because the boy complains about me putting him in time out and taking toys away when I was allowed to do so. I know he makes me sound horrible at his school. I'm the only one who was consistently punishing him I think so I'm the enemy.
Quote:
Cps is involved and has been since day one. All the psychologist said was he was developmentally delayed and posibly ptsd. He sees an occupational therapist for weak hand/finger strength. Which is bull because I kno for a fact he is extremely lazy. Its a struggle to get him to put his socks on or do anything he doesn't feel like doing. When he was in public school the teachers called numerous times because his father wouldn't wash him or get him in the shower and would smell like bum on his days. We've picked him up from his father's mothers house at his bus stop and has smelt so bad I gagged. Cps is a joke and a dangerously flawed system.

So these are two different schools that have differing opinions? Or is he still in public school?

You sound like a nice guy. You also sound like a 'fixer' someone who wants to fix problems. The thing is this way above what you can do. You can not help this child. No matter how much you want to, you can not help him. He has parents who either make excuses for him or expose him to things that he shouldn't be seeing. He's abusive to both animals and people. Sure, he can have loving moments but then his 'illness' reasserts it self again. Yes he is mentally ill and unless he gets real professional help, we will be reading about him years from now.

The best thing that you can do for yourself and your health is walk away from this situation as you really have no say in his rearing since you are not his biological father nor are you married to his mother. If you can't walk away, you need to insist to the mother that the situation will only get worse as he gets older and that he needs years of therapy. Don't stop looking for a qualified therapist- there are a few who treat cases like these.

Good Luck.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:06 AM

1,334 posts, read 636,563 times
Get the heck out while you can, and take the animals with you. This kid belongs in a juvenile psychiatric unit.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:37 AM

13 posts, read 13,446 times
Yes there are 2 schools involved with different opinions sorry for not elaborating. The public school which sided with us because it was local and the father was a known a hole in town. The other school is actually the one for troubled children from 1st grade to high school he currently attends right over the boarder in another state.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:03 PM

11,372 posts, read 7,412,439 times
Quote:
Yes there are 2 schools involved with different opinions sorry for not elaborating. The public school which sided with us because it was local and the father was a known a hole in town. The other school is actually the one for troubled children from 1st grade to high school he currently attends right over the boarder in another state.
Just wanted to say, not all of us buy into the "he must have been abused" theory. I have seen the worst kids come from the best families and the best kids come from the worst families.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:14 PM

13 posts, read 13,446 times
I've already stopped him from coming here and my girlfriend only lives with me on the days he's with his father . She has to stay at her parents on the days she has her son. It's coming to an end.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:24 PM

13,110 posts, read 17,652,758 times
you need to leave this minute and never look back . I think he has too very lazy and unconcerned parents and they have no business having a child . I can see this kid killing someone ten yrs down the road and being in a physc ward for the remainder of his life unless something is done and done quickly . I think he might need in patient therapy . There is nothing you can do . You are a fixer and you cannot fix this . This is beyond your control . Run away before you are accused of something and need a lawyer and spend some time in prison yourself .Get out and never look back and if said gf shows up at your door tell her to go home and then think about re locating pronto .

Old 03-31-2016, 12:26 PM

3,491 posts, read 1,209,755 times
Why would you even associate with people that have a budding sociopath that is already dangerous? Learn to set some boundries with people.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:57 PM

1,229 posts, read 964,713 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice and kind words. I've recently developed stomach ulcers and a few other health issues. Its literally killing me.
I'd leave, before the kid finishes the job

Old 03-31-2016, 01:31 PM

5,131 posts, read 3,642,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
OP, what is the boy lies and you end up in prison for sexual abuse? Even after you get out of prison, assuming that you don't get killed in there for being a pedophile, you would end up on the sexual predator listing for life.

Frankly, you should pack your bags and leave today. Do not look back and do not leave a forwarding address.

BTW, I am a retired special education teacher, so I have some experience with children who are this disturbed at a young age. I can share true stories that would turn your hair grey. The five year old that tried to stab his mother while she was asleep, the parent who was forced to lock herself in the bathroom and call the police because her 12 year old was out of the control and was trying to hurt her, and several children who made up horrible, horrible lies to try to get some adult out of their lives. And at least a couple of those out and out lies ending up going as far as police involvement.
OP, from the mouth of experience (germaine)
I truly think you should listen to this! This child is only 7. Give him a few years and he could destroy you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or