Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 09:36 AM

932 posts, read 1,273,444 times

Advertisements

Kids provide us with hours of untold simple amusement! What have your kids done that had you rolling on the floor laughing or mortified with embarrasement and can only laugh about 10 years and 2000 hours of therapy later?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 09:43 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Yesterday, my 2 1/2 yr old told me that I looked nice AFTER I took a shower

Old 02-11-2008, 02:08 PM

2,579 posts, read 2,451,488 times
My 10 months old is fascinated by the washing machine.
If he discover that the WM's door is not locked he stands up, opens it and puts the top part of his body in it.
So in more than an occasion I've entered the room just to see a nappy with two legs coming out of the washing machine.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,454 times
I have two. One my daughter did to me and one I did to my mom.

My daughter: She's 2. I was in the store looking at a pair of little brown strawberry shortcake sneakers for her. Cute I thought. While I'm inspecting them, I hear her say "Mom" in that tone that she shouldn't have until she is at least 14. I look at her and say, "What?" She raises her hand, disgustedly scrunches her face, and says, "No me." Cracked me up. I guess strawberry shortcake is just not her style.

Me to my mom: I was about 12 or 13 and we were shopping one day. Keep in mind I was born with biting sarcasm and perfect comedic timing. LOL. We get to the check-out, and I was busting my moms chops for something and she hit me in the arm. Not for discipline, but like you would a girlfriend who says something and you're like, "SHUT-UP" and you whack her on the arm. I stopped laughing immediately, got dead serious, looked at my mom and said, "You told the social worker you weren't going to do that anymore." Cracks me up just typing it and remembering the look on my mom's face. She didn't know what to say and the cashier was just looking at us with that confused concerned look on her face. Thankfully, my mom's got a good sense of humor to. We laughed all the way to the car.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 PM

667 posts, read 2,300,555 times
My now almost 5 year old was about 3 1/2 at the time of this story.
In the grocery store (alot of funny kid stories start out this way...) & we got a buggy with a squeaky wheel. I ignored it, being that it was a short trip & we'd be out in just a few min.
I noticed the look of serious concentration on my son's face & let him be. Normally he is flirting with the women, but this time he was being quiet & just concentrating.
Finally, he put his hands up to his ears & squnched up his face.
I finally said, "What's wrong hunny?" "Mom, my ears are So annoyed," was his matter-of-fact answer!
That look on his face was obviously him really trying to fight the fact that the squeaky wheel was really getting on his nerves!

Old 02-11-2008, 02:56 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
"Hey, stop kissing the goat's butt!"

"Daddy. . . . Don't eat fireworks."

"You are making me a headache" (No honey, you have been a headache for years).

"Stupid man . . . stupid stupid man. .. stupid stupid stupid stupid" (three year olds in a grocery after a guy asked where the spaghetti sauce was when it was right in front of him).

Old 02-13-2008, 01:00 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,604 times
When my daughter was just under two we were in a grocery store - she was sitting in the cart and this nice old man came up to her and rubbed her hand and said she was so pretty - my daughter pulled her hand away as fast as she could and looked him straight in the face and said "your dirty man" - he was african american - I was mortified. Thank goodness he had good sense of humor and he wasn't insulted!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:14 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,423 times
My dear son is a little comedian so we have many but just a couple weeks ago he had us cracking up. I color my own hair and I had a little mishap. It was supposed to be light brown (was trying to get back to what I think is my natural color) and it came out reddish brown. I've been blonde for years (and am again, Thank God!) so I was ready to cry! I walked into the living room and DS and DH were sitting there. My son looks at me and says Mommy, you look like Hannah Montana's grandmother! Then he backs up and says your hair does, Mom, it really does! Vicki Lawerence plays her grandmother! Needless to say I was off to Walgreens for color remover!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:46 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,927,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
My dear son is a little comedian so we have many but just a couple weeks ago he had us cracking up. I color my own hair and I had a little mishap. It was supposed to be light brown (was trying to get back to what I think is my natural color) and it came out reddish brown. I've been blonde for years (and am again, Thank God!) so I was ready to cry! I walked into the living room and DS and DH were sitting there. My son looks at me and says Mommy, you look like Hannah Montana's grandmother! Then he backs up and says your hair does, Mom, it really does! Vicki Lawerence plays her grandmother! Needless to say I was off to Walgreens for color remover!
That's very funny. I love when kids come out with stuff that adults who aren't relatives find funny. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting