Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 07:06 PM

325 posts, read 228,763 times

Advertisements

Also they just got tv in there, we just got dish last week and finally put one in there. They can be in living rm or where ever any time. They aren't banned from liv room. That's just where they were. We even offered 6 yr old to bring toys in liv rm w/ us he didn't want to. Since his sister wouldn't. It is not illegal for them to still be sharing a room where I live. They change in bathroom. My daughter doesn't wear a bra yet or have a period yet. Also I don't live in apartment complex. It isn't housing through the state. I live in a 2 bedroom duplex. I feel like his solution to anything the kids fight about is to have them lay down. I do try to discipline how I want but he will go over me. If he gets upset b/c of something they did it usually ends up him calling me names if I disagree w/ anything he says or w/e. He has been getting mad easy lately. He doesn't think I am hard enough on 8 yr old, like I favor her. I don't favor either one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 07:28 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,882,691 times
Seems like you guys need to work out how to be on the same page with parenting.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:45 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goochgirl View Post
I do try to discipline how I want but he will go over me. If he gets upset b/c of something they did it usually ends up him calling me names if I disagree w/ anything he says or w/e. He has been getting mad easy lately.
You and your boyfriend are in serious need of joint counseling. Your parenting issues are unlikely to get much better as long as you and he are so very far apart, not only in parenting styles but in healthy respect for each other.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:16 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
When your son complained about your daughter, why didn't you tell him that she doesn't have to play if she doesn't want to.

This is exactly what I thought. I wouldn't even consider your son telling you she didn't want to play to be tattling. Maybe he was just expressing his sadness that she didn't want to play.

No one should be required to play with each other or watch the same show at the same time, etc.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:51 PM

325 posts, read 228,763 times
He said lasst night and today that he is going to try harder for me. That he is going to buy an engagement ring too. We have got along last night and today. So have kids.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:37 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goochgirl View Post
He said lasst night and today that he is going to try harder for me. That he is going to buy an engagement ring too. We have got along last night and today. So have kids.
While I am sure that it seems exciting that he said that he would buy you an engagement ring, please read your sentence. "We have got along last night and today" not, "We are so much in love, we have not had a fight or disagreement for the last two years" or "We definitely agree on how to raise our children" or "He trusts me completely".

"We have got along last night and today." I hate to sound harsh, but for most people getting along for 18 hours is not considered a major accomplishment.

I have read some of your other threads. If my friend, sister or daughter was with a man that was so mean to them and controlling of them, as he is to you, I would suggest that at the bare minimum they go to couples counseling for at least six months or a year and that they certainly should not live together and especially should not get married until he stopped being verbally abusive of her.

He is "going to try harder" for you? Why hasn't he been trying for the last seven years since you became pregnant with his child?

Old 04-24-2016, 06:41 PM

Who can say "We haven't had a fight or disagreement in the past 2 years"? That is a) insane b) a lie if you said it c) not the makings of a healthy relationship anyways.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:54 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Who can say "We haven't had a fight or disagreement in the past 2 years"? That is a) insane b) a lie if you said it c) not the makings of a healthy relationship anyways.
I suppose that it depends on what you mean by "fight" or "disagreement".
Has my SO accused me of cheating and meeting a lover when I took our six year old son to get his hair cut at the mall?
Has my SO called me a "lying, cheating c***" and many other abusive phrases?
Does my SO refuse to allow me to see female friends?
Does my SO regularly accuse me of sleeping with other men?

NOT doing/saying things like that are what I mean by not "having a fight or disagreement" not things like "I wanted chicken for dinner and you made meatloaf" or "You left the cap off the toothpaste" as a fight or disagreement.

And, yes I believe that most, loving couples can go for two years without their SO/spouse accusing them of cheating or calling them a "stupid, b****" or a "s***" or being verbally abusive and controlling (having fights & disagreements). I am truly sorry, HFB, if that is the way your husband treats you and think that is typical behavior of a loving couple.

Sheesh! HFB, have you even read the threads the OP started about this man?

Last edited by germaine2626; 04-24-2016 at 07:07 PM..

Old 04-24-2016, 07:02 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Has my SO accused me of cheating when I took our six year old son to get his hair cut at the mall?
Has my SO called me a "lying, cheating c***"?
Does my SO accuse me of sleeping with other men?

Things like that are what I mean by "not having a disagreement" not "I want chicken for dinner instead of meatloaf" or "You left the cap off the toothpaste" as the fight or disagreement.

And, yes I believe that most, loving couples can go for two years without their SO/spouse accusing them of cheating or calling them a "stupid, b****" or a "s***" or being verbally abusive and controlling. I am truly sorry, HFB, if that is the way your husband treats you and think that is typical behavior of a loving couple.

Terrific post, and absolutely true.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Has my SO accused me of cheating and meeting a lover when I took our six year old son to get his hair cut at the mall?
Has my SO called me a "lying, cheating c***" and many other abusive phrases?
Does my SO regularly accuse me of sleeping with other men?

Things like that are what I mean by "not having a disagreement" not "I wanted chicken for dinner and you made meatloaf" or "You left the cap off the toothpaste" as the fight or disagreement.

And, yes I believe that most, loving couples can go for two years without their SO/spouse accusing them of cheating or calling them a "stupid, b****" or a "s***" or being verbally abusive and controlling. I am truly sorry, HFB, if that is the way your husband treats you and think that is typical behavior of a loving couple.

Give me a break...just give me a break. Now you are saying my husband treats me that way because you were originally over dramatic in your posting. Nope, no way. That was a time for "Oh well I didn't phrase that well, what I meant was xyz". Seriously, why is it so hard for people to do that? Instead attack my husband? What? Cant be serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting