Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 02:21 PM

1,061 posts, read 1,212,951 times

Advertisements

Teach your son to defend himself and make friends to watch his back. That's the only way to deal with bullies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 04:36 PM

4 posts, read 3,413 times
This is why my future children will be in private school or home school. These public schools kill me with this "ohh that's what children do!" Until someone gets killed. They care about their own reputation and their funds before they care about their own students smh.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:43 PM

10,737 posts, read 13,305,475 times
Tell the bully's dad that if it happens again you are going to beat the crap out of the dad. Worked for me.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:55 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,391,256 times
Im going to give some going against the grain advice from someone that was small in school and had to deal with things like this early on. Going to have to teach him to stick up for himself. No I don't mean being a bully or anything like that, but generally kids that get picked on are often repeatedly picked on because they're easy targets. Won't say how I fixed my problem, but...he's going to have to stand up for himself sooner or later.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:09 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,009,418 times
Was your son wearing his pants below his butt when the incident happened?

Old 05-26-2016, 06:51 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,303,807 times
Report it to the school and document it any way you can.

Then tell your son to do what ever he can to beat the sh*t out of the bully if he lays his hands on him again.

If they threaten to suspend him you threaten legal action as they did nothing to stop the bullying.

Your son will gain the confidence he needs to win high school and hopefully life in the end.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:30 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,391,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
Report it to the school and document it any way you can.

Then tell your son to do what ever he can to beat the sh*t out of the bully if he lays his hands on him again.

If they threaten to suspend him you threaten legal action as they did nothing to stop the bullying.

Your son will gain the confidence he needs to win high school and hopefully life in the end.
It may sound harsh to some but that turn the other cheek stuff simply does not work in these situations.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:17 AM

31,999 posts, read 36,610,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Tell the bully's dad that if it happens again you are going to beat the crap out of the dad. Worked for me.
Good for you, Ansley. Sometimes the parental unit (or someone acting on their behalf) has to weigh in directly. I'm simply not going to allow my younguns to be bullied.

The school still needs to be put on notice and they need to be alert for bad conduct and take action to prevent it. But that alone may not be enough.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,230 times
There is a life lesson here. If you are going to agree to fight someone, make sure you can fight. Otherwise you get beat down and your mom will spread your humiliation online.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:33 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,029,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
I know that violence is frowned upon on this board, but if this thing doesn't die a natural death, then your son will have to try to stand up for himself (again). He may not have come out on top in the first physical altercation, but he could do well the next time around if you put him in some self defense or martial arts classes over the summer. That way, if he gets back to school in August and the other child still wants to act a fool, your son will be better prepared.
I agree with this 1000% but to be a little more specific, please don't enroll him in a "McDojo" where they will happily take your money in exchange for teaching him how to do nice Katas. There is nothing more worthless.

IMHO he will learn more in one week of a boxing class than he will in two years of karate classes. Brazilian Ju-Jitsu is extremely good too. The point though is to not be a victim... Once the bully realizes his favorite target is not to be F'd with then he will simply move on and find another one. The amount of pride and confidence that the previously bullied child will discover will be immeasurable too.

Unfortunately that's how it is, and until human nature changes then that's how its going to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting