Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 04:32 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,880,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Most people who use iPads, especially ones they let their children use, just use the home wifi rather than getting them hooked up to cellular.
I'm well aware of how they work. I was talking about a "baby tablet" that's just a TOY versus a real one.

Yes I was referring to having to pay for adding internet access/data plan to the device for the service and JSYK not everyone wants to use WIFI at public spots. The costs differed if you want it cell enabled or not when I bought mine. And as a pet sitter I just can't hop on someone's WIFI without the passcode when I'm at their house.

What if the friend won't use WIFI spots and you buy an ipad without cellular?

Given the OP is likely not from the UK how would she know all the ins and outs of it? When I was in England in 1988, one of my friends ran up a bill at the hotel for HUNDREDS of dollars for the phone and made like...one or two calls.

Now if you're telling me you know how to use an ipad that is completely free and secure to use anywhere you go let me know how that works.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I doubt I'd be allowing a kid, let alone a baby, messing around on the internet unsupervised so no, I don't need another "job" when I'm trying to eat lunch in a restaurant monitoring baby surfing LOL. And the resulting crap from viruses, browser hijacks etc.

Not to mention, every time I go through McDonalds drive thru my phone tries to switch to their WIFI and luckily I know to check what network I'm on before I attempt to do anything while I'm sitting there eating in the parking LOT. But I have a VPN so....

Last edited by runswithscissors; 06-06-2016 at 04:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 394 times
I would get them a portrait of the family together. All you need to do is get a photo of them the artist can paint from and if that is not doable as I think it isn't you can buy them a gift certificate so they can choose the photo to be painted. I had this done for my Brother from one of his wedding photos. It is a really creative way to gift somebody!

Here is the website: [url]https://www.lovecustomart.com/[/url]

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting