Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 12:19 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times

Advertisements

All just an extension of the needs of a few to irritate the rest. You will see similar behavior all over the place. Now many wannabe thug or couldabe thugs will use the present tensions of our times to play with for their own amusement.

Last week, in a local Walgreens, some workers are stocking shelves. One has a small radio and has thuggish hip hop on it. Along with the music came the slang words and way of talking. Come on guys, I wanted to say to them. Why on earth are you even listening to gangster rap and most of you can barely speak english. They were from Vietnam.

So I am beginning to suspect, that some people as a form of defiance or showing their true "colors" ..lol..........will always try and see what happens if they play gangster thug music around others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 01:09 PM

1,955 posts, read 1,759,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Anyone blasting their music can be annoying in any setting. Since it is a daycare, I might ask the school if they could send the parents a gentle reminder to be respectful of others and turn their music down while they are in the daycare's parking lot. So-called "thug" music is listened to by people of all races not just black people if that is your implication. There is no color to music. Do you mean rap music, heavy metal, etc.?

I believe "thug music" was defined in this thread to refer to rap music which contained cuss words and racial slurs like the n word. And yes, "thug music" is listened to by people of all races not just black people. And it's racist and derogatory and inappropriate for young children to be listening to no matter what race or color you are. It's fine if an adult chooses to listen to it. But to force a small daycare aged child to listen to it at high hearing-damaging volumes is abusive. No matter the race or color of said child. Turn it off at the daycare and when your kid is in the car, turn it back on after you leave and you are alone in the car. If you can't do that, you're not a parent, you're a joke.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:26 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's the law in both California and Illinois. Where do you live that children are allowed to enter and leave daycare without being signed in?

Family members in New Jersey have their kids taken from the car into the facility by staff members to speed the process and alleviate traffic jams. A quick look at the California and Illinois requirements show that logs must be kept for signing each child in and out but do not require the parent or guardian to do so. Both states also show regulations for providing transportation which would make it impossible for the parent to sign the kids in and out of the facility.

Why has no one posted a link to the law they claim requires this universally or even in a single state? And how did so many get away from the original topic here to talk about what they believe to be pertinent laws not related to that?

Last edited by kokonutty; 06-22-2016 at 01:40 AM..

Old 06-22-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Why has no one posted a link to the law they claim requires this universally or even in a single state?

Because nobody cares about this particular tangent. It's irrelevant to the discussion.

Quote:
And how did so many get away from the original topic here to talk about what they believe to be pertinent laws not related to that?

You brought it up. In post 52, Kibbiekat postulated that the parent would have to get out of the car, so that the music would not be on for very long. Then in post 57, you expressed great concern over the fact that someone might assume something as heinous as a parent having to get out of the car at daycare drop off all over the world and everywhere and is that really the law everywhere and outrage!

Last edited by pkbab5; 06-22-2016 at 09:33 AM..

Old 06-22-2016, 11:11 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
Because nobody cares about this particular tangent. It's irrelevant to the discussion.

You brought it up. In post 52, Kibbiekat postulated that the parent would have to get out of the car, so that the music would not be on for very long. Then in post 57, you expressed great concern over the fact that someone might assume something as heinous as a parent having to get out of the car at daycare drop off all over the world and everywhere and is that really the law everywhere and outrage!
Ya this, plus I'm very busy.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:22 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,817,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So I dropped my kids off at daycare the other day and a "parent" pulled up right outside the daycare doors. His car was blasting music so loud it could be heard down the street. Every other word was "F" this and "N" that. Very inappropriate. Do you think complaining to the daycare would do anything? Any other solutions?
No I doubt the daycare would do anything. If it happens again and you still have a problem with it then say something to them.

That's the problem with people these days. If someone has a problem with something they always want to complain to someone else and have them take care of it. If it's that big of a deal to you then act like an adult and handle it yourself.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:55 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,550 times
Thug music? I wish certain people would come up with a better term for the n word. Thug is played out and every black person you see is not one. HOWEVER, that music is annoying. It's called trap music and it is awful. I will be glad when it goes out of style.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:21 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post

Kibbie asserted rather than postulated. If we're going to have decent discussions here we should be accurate and not make sweeping erroneous claims, even if they seem to bolster one's argument.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
It's called trap music and it is awful. I will be glad when it goes out of style.

At first I thought that was a typo, but then I looked it up, and it's a real thing! Cool, learn something new everyday!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_music

Old 06-22-2016, 01:58 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Family members in New Jersey have their kids taken from the car into the facility by staff members to speed the process and alleviate traffic jams. A quick look at the California and Illinois requirements show that logs must be kept for signing each child in and out but do not require the parent or guardian to do so. Both states also show regulations for providing transportation which would make it impossible for the parent to sign the kids in and out of the facility.
Since the OP is about an adult in a car, not a bus, blasting music, the point about transportation is irrelevant. I'm lost what your point even is. The OP is in New Jersey ... so staff members could theoretically get the kid out of the car ... so the blasting music is--what? Less likely to be turned off? That's the topic, remember?

Quote:
Why has no one posted a link to the law they claim requires this universally or even in a single state? And how did so many get away from the original topic here to talk about what they believe to be pertinent laws not related to that?
I think nobody cares but you. You introduced this tangent. Go ahead and be the winner on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting