U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:22 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,444,336 times

Advertisements

Mommiewrites...

Shouldn't your 9 year old be in school?

You need to open your mind a little bit...just because there are moms that do things different does not make us bad or unloving parents...

On that note...I am out...
I can see this going in circles and I am uninterested in who should call themselves SAHM and who shouldn't...

Oh and thanks for the neg rep. boo hoo...

Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,242,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
My kids have the day off school. They were fighting over the bricks in the basement, so I sent them over to the neighbors while I post to this forum.

Now I have to go make lunch and wash the kitchen floor while they're gone. OOPS - they're back home! Nope, false alarm... just going to another neighbor's house.

I may not know exactly what my kid's are doing right now, but at least they have friends.
Well shame on you that you don't know EXACTLY what they are doing. And you let them fight w/ bricks? Omy, we will have to turn you in. LOL!!! And even worse you got tired of them and sent them away. OH the shame

We just might need to have a contest to see which one of us qualifies for the worst mother of the year award. LOL!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 11:27 AM

934 posts, read 932,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Mommiewrites...

Shouldn't your 9 year old be in school?

You need to open your mind a little bit...just because there are moms that do things different does not make us bad or unloving parents...

On that note...I am out...
I can see this going in circles and I am uninterested in who should call themselves SAHM and who shouldn't...

Oh and thanks for the neg rep. boo hoo...
presidents day is a holiday here. that equals no school.

never said you werent/didn't

wasnt me

Have a good day everyone!

Old 02-18-2008, 11:27 AM

3,647 posts, read 9,307,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Well shame on you that you don't know EXACTLY what they are doing. And you let them fight w/ bricks? Omy, we will have to turn you in. LOL!!! And even worse you got tired of them and sent them away. OH the shame

We just might need to have a contest to see which one of us qualifies for the worst mother of the year award. LOL!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,286,927 times
Danielle - I think they (CD) were having issues last week with positive rep turning into negative - I think I saw something in FAQ's

Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 AM

2,868 posts, read 8,444,336 times
Ah thats ok...Life would be boring if we were all happy and perfect all the time,,,wouldn't it? I like having a little spice on my rep...

Old 02-18-2008, 11:40 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,286,927 times
LOL - well I'd give you some positive but I must spread some around first

Old 02-18-2008, 11:49 AM

1,354 posts, read 5,626,844 times
WOW This is the best pissing contest I have seen for quite some time. I frequent a ladies scrapbooking board that was well known for their posts like this. I am better then you because (insert just about any topic), so I will pass judgement on you because blah blah blah.

If your kids are well behaved, ready for kindergarten, and nice little kids, does it really matter that they were educated at pre-school or home? What really matters is you do your best to make sure your kids are well rounded.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:32 PM

35,885 posts, read 65,253,264 times
Default I know what you are, but what am I????

Okay. What am I?

I stay at home. My youngest is in college, but he calls me or IMs me at least once a day. We have been on the phone today as well as IM. His g/f has also IM' me today.

I used to be called a stay at home mom. What am I now? I am still a mom. And I stay at home.

So what am I?

I am not an empty nester. My son is in and out and I still do plenty of laundry, cooking and spend a lot of time w/ my son an w/ his g/friend as well. When he has a concern or a question - he calls mom.

So just b/c he is in college . . . does this make me less of a stay at home mom???

I am a professional writer, so when he was two, and I was a freelance writer, and took him to daycare 2 hours a day . . . or preschool 4 hours a day . . . or had in house babysitting while I was working . . . was I more of a stay at home mom then? Or did it not count, b/c I was also working while at home?

And did it matter? And most of all, did anyone really give a flying monkey's rump what the heck I was doing w/ my time, my kids, my home, etc?

Why is this something that is occupying someone's mind?????

So what am I? What is my LABEL? And who on this god's green earth - would possibly even CARE?????

Last edited by brokensky; 02-18-2008 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: add sentence

Old 02-18-2008, 12:34 PM

2,238 posts, read 8,696,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Okay. What am I?

I stay at home. My youngest is in college, but he calls me or IMs me at least once a day. We have been on the phone today as well as IM. His g/f has also IM' me today.

I used to be called a stay at home mom. What am I now? I am still a mom. And I stay at home.

So what am I?

I am not an empty nester. My son is in and out and I still do plenty of laundry, cooking and spend a lot of time w/ my son an w/ his g/friend as well. When he has a concern or a question - he calls mom.

So just b/c he is in college . . . does this make me less of a stay at home mom???

I am a professional writer, so when he was two, and I was a freelance writer, and took him to daycare 2 hours a day . . . or preschool 4 hours a day . . . or had in house babysitting while I was working . . . was I more of a stay at home mom then? Or did it not count, b/c I was also working while at home?

And did it matter? And most of all, did anyone really give a flying monkey's rump what the heck I was doing w/ my time, my kids, my home, etc?

Why is this something that is occupying someone's mind?????

So what am I? What is my LABEL? And who on this god's green earth - would possibly even CARE?????
Obviously you're a terrible parent for not following the program! For shame. Shame, shame, shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or