Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 09:36 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Get him to a doctor. Constriction in underwear does have a permanent side effect , particularly in young men.
False.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 09:58 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
My 14 year old still wears some underwear that I bought when she was 7. I've asked her why she still wears them and she says they're soft and perfectly stretched out and she doesn't worry if they get messed up like she does with her nicer underwear. I figure it's her bottom, it's her business. I buy her packs of underwear a couple times a year and if I notice that it's always one particular fabric or style that shows up in the laundry, I'll sometimes buy extra packs of that style or fabric so that she has what she wants.

If your son can still fit kid-sized underwear, then why not buy him boys underwear? That way he will have some fresh pairs with no holes and that aren't worn out but still have what he likes. I'm pretty sure a boys' xl would fit someone who was 140 lbs and 5'6".

Old 07-23-2016, 11:41 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,020,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I am assuming that your son must have been doing all of his own laundry for the last 8 to 10 years or you would have noticed that he is wearing 1st grader to 3rd grader size underwear. Congrats, as I know very few 6 to 8 year old boys who are responsible enough to handle all of their own laundry.
Right? I know one particular almost-32-year-old man who can't even handle all (or any) of his own laundry.

I'm only at my mom's house probably once a month or so, and I've seen my brother's underwear in the bathroom, in his bedroom and in the laundry room.

My husband's brother stayed with us for a month, and I saw his underwear (not while he was wearing it) on a few occasions. Same thing with a friend of my husband's who stayed with us for a little while a while back.

Seems strange that this mom doesn't know that her son is still wearing underwear from the first grade.

It's been an interesting day on the forums...

Old 07-24-2016, 01:20 AM

711 posts, read 1,511,303 times
Why not have his father speak to him about it. It seems like it would be a job for his father to handle.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:12 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I am a firm believer of "pick your battles". In the greater scheme of things it's better this than you found drugs in his room. But somehow I believe the OP's post is a funny story and not factual.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:59 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The "underwear law"?

Laughed out loud!

Old 07-24-2016, 10:14 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
False.
Correct! It's unwise to state 'false'without data. Otherwise its trite.

Circulation and low sperm can be affected in a permanent way over a long period.

I'd listen to a medical personnel .

Old 07-24-2016, 10:28 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
How is a 16 year old "free to do his own thing""?

Minor choices; yes, I'd agree, as in "when you have a job you may buy yourself size 10 Incredible Hulk undies."

But as a parent I think it's my job to buy my kids functional stuff where I "get the most bang for my buck".

My 14 yr old twin girls can go through a $100 gift card from the grandparents (that was a gift for school clothes) in one shopping trip & come home with blingy scarves, graphic tees, hair accessories & novelty socks.Nothing like it being 6am on the first cold day in fall & having kids whinning about not having a long-sleeved shirt to wear!

That happened ONE TIME but it hasen't happened again, because now I hold onto the gift cards...

Old 07-24-2016, 11:41 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
My sons have/had to change clothes in front of other boys in PE and band. They are pretty straight forward on what underwear they will or will not wear because it would be embarrassing. The fun stuff I got them when they were little is no longer acceptable to them. Stretched out beyond it's prime underwear is not acceptable to me as a parent. Either take your son to the store and let him pick out some new stuff or get online and pick out stuff with him. There are lots of fun patterns in boxer shorts just about everywhere. I've also seen briefs in fun patterns probably at a place like Target and Amazon. I think Hot Topic even had Underoos a while back.

Old 07-24-2016, 12:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Correct! It's unwise to state 'false'without data.
That's what you did.

The "low sperm motility" issue you are referring to is not permanent, which is what you claimed in your post.

There are no other side effects (besides chafing/rash) from wearing tight underwear, and certainly none that are permanent.

Your claim is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting