Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 09:00 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,204 times

Advertisements

I didn't realize age 32 was "over the hill"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 09:57 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
My only issue was the stretched-out belly skin, which looks kind of wrinkly after getting back into shape. My first was a large baby, so being very petite and short-waisted, I was stretched to max capacity.
Did you watch the Olympic Women's Marathon? Did you see the numerous women over age 30 running who have children and who had tight, 6-pack abs? There's your answer. It's a matter of how dedicated you are to workouts. A tight belly doesn't come any other way after children and age 30.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:15 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,961,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Did you watch the Olympic Women's Marathon? Did you see the numerous women over age 30 running who have children and who had tight, 6-pack abs? There's your answer. It's a matter of how dedicated you are to workouts. A tight belly doesn't come any other way after children and age 30.
That's not a fair comparison. The Olympic marathoners have probably always run including while pregnant up to a point and then started back after pregnancy. If you didn't always run before kids and then started running after you probably won't have 6 pack abs. Also what regular person has time to put in the miles/workouts that they put in to compete in the Olympics with kids and jobs etc...for the olympians that is their job.

OP - I had my 1st at 32 and my 2nd at 33. Having them back to back like that didn't help, but I'm working on it.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:42 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
That's not a fair comparison. The Olympic marathoners have probably always run including while pregnant up to a point and then started back after pregnancy. If you didn't always run before kids and then started running after you probably won't have 6 pack abs. Also what regular person has time to put in the miles/workouts that they put in to compete in the Olympics with kids and jobs etc...for the olympians that is their job.

OP - I had my 1st at 32 and my 2nd at 33. Having them back to back like that didn't help, but I'm working on it.
The point is, that if you exercise your abdominal muscles in good fashion and regularly, you may get them nice and flat and well-shaped. If you don't, they are not going to be very tight. Marathon running is not necessary. Maybe just a bit of jogging and other all-around workouts. I mentioned those runners, because several of them had children, their bellies were exposed to the whole world and they looked really hard and nice.

Old 09-01-2016, 07:04 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,329,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker1979 View Post
Has your stomach bounced back to the way it was before?

I am pregnant with my 2nd and even though im thin and active, I worry that at 33 my skin is not as supple anymore and am expecting a pouch (forever!), loose/saggy skin, possibly worse... When I had my 1st in my late 20s I bounced right back and was the same as before.
Almost! I was 30 with my first, and it bounced back perfectly. I was 33 with my second, and it bounced back completely perfectly except a couple of frown lines above my belly button. I can't actually say if the "wrinkles" are from pregnancy, as they're kind of just normal aging lines.

My stomach is completely flat, tight, no pouch, no stretch marks, no sagging, just a couple faint wrinkles/belly button hood.

I was very careful with pregnancy not to gain more than 30 pounds, I never washed my belly with soap so that it would keep it's natural oils, and was diligent about drinking water and applying lotion.

If you bounced back the first time, you probably will again. I've actually read that older women recover better because of your body's muscle memory. I have no idea if that's true.

Good luck!

Old 09-01-2016, 07:15 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
Pardon me, but I am referring to loose skin, not fat (google Stephanie Rothstein Bruce; not me, but a pro runner who is a perfect example). I'm not an Olympian, but I lift weights 3 days/weeks, run, and eat a meticulous diet. My weight is at the low end of normal and at the last check, my body fat% was 19. However, I gave no desire for a 6 pack, just a healthy body.

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 09-01-2016 at 07:25 AM..

Old 09-01-2016, 08:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
How about that 41 year old gymnast!

Old 09-01-2016, 09:27 AM

447 posts, read 488,048 times
Quote:
The point is, that if you exercise your abdominal muscles in good fashion and regularly, you may get them nice and flat and well-shaped. If you don't, they are not going to be very tight. Marathon running is not necessary. Maybe just a bit of jogging and other all-around workouts. I mentioned those runners, because several of them had children, their bellies were exposed to the whole world and they looked really hard and nice.
Steve, not necessary true. I gave birth to my 3rd child when I was 35. I never had any issues with weight, before my children I weighed 110 lb. After my 2nd child I was somewhere 124-27, ok still not issue, I'm 5'6", my boys were born 1 year apart, in my 20's. BUT, after my 3rd was born, I couldn't put my body together. Doesn't matter what I did. It's the changing body in certain age. "Disrupt" it with pregnancy and it's total shock. Of course, not everybody has the same issues, but a lot of women have it.

OP, my stomach eventually got back "together", even I have more weight issues, not necessary stomach issues. I'm not overweight, but carrying more weight I would like to.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:32 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
I had no problem bouncing back after having my last. It was perimenopause hitting about a decade later than totally did me in. In so many ways. Somebody get me some hormones!

Old 09-01-2016, 10:16 AM

12 posts, read 13,662 times
I had my first a year ago, at 37. I gained a lot, from 126lbs to 162lbs. I dont have any stretch marks (used burts bees belly cream), was back to 128lbs about 2 months after birth. But I still have a little belly. Probably from all the cookies and cakes I ate while pregnant. With a little workout it could be gone, I just have no time..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting