Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 01:03 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,624,568 times

Advertisements

My sister had triplet boys, and is now pregnant with twins. This is so exciting! I’m sure this is really hard for her, having so many babies at the same time, but she is very brave, and I plan to spoil them completely when they are born!

Has anyone here ever had a multiple birth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 02:02 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,011,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
My sister had triplet boys, and is now pregnant with twins. This is so exciting! I’m sure this is really hard for her, having so many babies at the same time, but she is very brave, and I plan to spoil them completely when they are born!

Has anyone here ever had a multiple birth?
I’m a “multiple-multiples” mom ... I had 4 singletons, then natural conception of triplets but one was lost before birth, so I delivered fraternal boy/girl twins.

Then two more singletons. Then girl/girl fraternal twins. Then one more Singleton. I have hyper fertility & typically ovulate 2-3 times per cycle. Usually both ovaries will ovulate at about the same time & then just one side would again before the 30 days.

I had to have one ovary removed last year because I had my tubes tied about 14 years ago, before I knew that hyper fertile women could become sick from tubal ligation. I had that reversed but one ovary had been compromised too much. I’m still WAY healthier now than I was during those years my tubes were tied, though!

This is very exciting for you & your sister!

Old 10-20-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I’m a “multiple-multiples” mom ... I had 4 singletons, then natural conception of triplets but one was lost before birth, so I delivered fraternal boy/girl twins.

Then two more singletons. Then girl/girl fraternal twins. Then one more Singleton. I have hyper fertility & typically ovulate 2-3 times per cycle. Usually both ovaries will ovulate at about the same time & then just one side would again before the 30 days.

I had to have one ovary removed last year because I had my tubes tied about 14 years ago, before I knew that hyper fertile women could become sick from tubal ligation. I had that reversed but one ovary had been compromised too much. I’m still WAY healthier now than I was during those years my tubes were tied, though!

This is very exciting for you & your sister!
Cool story, thanks! And yes, even though my sister originally wanted only one child, she is happy now having multiples. My triplet nephews are excited about this too!

Old 10-24-2018, 04:06 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,145,571 times
Not me, but there are loads in my family. My aunt is a twin. She had twin girls. Both of the twin girls have had twins. I was always nervous it would happen to me. I like mine one at a time

Old 10-24-2018, 11:38 PM

1,299 posts, read 814,238 times
OP, that's really cool! Five kids from two pregnancies, crazy.

I'm a twin. My mom had three twin pregnancies, but only one baby survived from each of the first two - one was miscarried, one was born unhealthy and passed away at a few months. This was the 60s. All of my mom's pregnancies were allowed to go overdue, something that would never happen nowadays.

When I was pregnant, I measured big early on. I was really excited at the possibility of twins, but alas she was a singleton. There are no other multiple births in my extended family, just my mom's.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:57 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 8 days ago)

34,401 posts, read 16,502,517 times
My wife and her sister are identical twins. My wife, the second one born, was a surprise. In the early 1960's, before ultrasound and sonograms, the doctors often did not know what was being born. When they tried to deliver the afterbirth, the nurse said "there's another one up there." My wife's sister, in turn, has fraternal twin offspring. The result of fertility treatments, not heredity.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondaroo View Post
OP, that's really cool! Five kids from two pregnancies, crazy.

I'm a twin. My mom had three twin pregnancies, but only one baby survived from each of the first two - one was miscarried, one was born unhealthy and passed away at a few months. This was the 60s. All of my mom's pregnancies were allowed to go overdue, something that would never happen nowadays.

When I was pregnant, I measured big early on. I was really excited at the possibility of twins, but alas she was a singleton. There are no other multiple births in my extended family, just my mom's.

Thank You! My nephews are very rare, they are identical triplets, and look so much alike!

It must have been really hard to have a multiple birth in the 60s, I’m so sorry to hear about this! Hugs!

Old 10-30-2018, 04:43 AM

13,254 posts, read 8,325,549 times
Praying for the well being of the little ones to arrive into such a joyous family !

My great grandma was the last generation to delve out 4 sets of twins. Of which my dear grandma was one of two girls. My great grandma had back then....all of em...au naturale. I imagine that was detrimental to her health along with the babies. She would lose her first set of twins and then after 14 kids ( of which 8 were twins) she would lose one or the other to childhood diseases or tragedies. I recall my grandma talking about her one brother who was a twin...she said....He was in his teens when he chose to swim in a river.....the river took him. She would not allow us kids to go swimming and would chastise my mom if she took us to the beach. Ironically I recall being about ten...residing for the summer with my great-aunt in Ft Lauderdale. We had gone to the beach....and I got swept out quite violently by an undertow. I wasn't much of a swimmer and some elder man saw that I had gone under and hadn't made it back up. The Life guard eventually hauled me in....and my aunts response was pure Indifference. Mind you she loved me dearly...but when it came to "family" lives lost....her heart had stopped mourning years ago when anyone "passed". My great aunt was my grandmas Twin. So it was strange when I lost my grandma to look at my great aunt and do a double take thinking my grandma was still around. Made me miss her more....

Old 11-05-2018, 07:39 PM

2,480 posts, read 1,844,158 times
I had a distant cousin who gave birth to five babies in 22 months. Yep. 22 months.

First she had triplets who were born at six months. Two died at birth and one lived for a day. She was advised not to get pregnant for a while to rest her body. Pregnant three months later. This time she had twins who were a month early and small but healthy. Once again she got pregnant right away and had a healthy full-term singleton 11 months after the twins.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:43 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,221,964 times
My mother in law and her sister are mirror image twins and my husband has 2 sets of 2 boy 1 girl triplets and a singleton from a previous marriage. The first set was born march 2004 and the second set was may 2006. 6 babies 2 and under. Now they are just a bunch of teenagers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting