U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 01:51 PM

12,583 posts, read 14,566,085 times

Advertisements

My granddaughter is just over 2 and hides in a corner to poop in her diaper, so I thought maybe she was ready. Take her diaper off and put her on the potty chair. Nope. She's worried she's going to poop without a diaper on and holds her bottom, looks distressed, and asks for a diaper. And then she poops once she has one on. So she's not ready. When she is, she will let us know.

It also freaks her out to pee without a diaper on. She when she's wet, she wants it changed. Same thing - I've tried putting her on the potty chair or having her go without a diaper for a while and try to pee. It distresses her to pee without a diaper on. She pees in her diaper and then lies on the floor, on her back, wherever she is, and waits for someone to come by and notice that she's waiting to have her diaper changed. It's so funny to walk into the kitchen and see her there on the floor, waiting.

I figure by next summer she'll be wanting out of her diapers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 01:59 PM

14,371 posts, read 11,410,331 times
Ive read through some of the comments and I really wonder about some..... its like a right of passage to brag about pissing the bed till your older.. and then to say... its normal.. its not bloody normal.. dont you see... If it isnt an illness of sorts then its damn lazyness or as Ive said emotional...

Old 10-13-2016, 04:07 PM

12,976 posts, read 11,766,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ive read through some of the comments and I really wonder about some..... its like a right of passage to brag about pissing the bed till your older.. and then to say... its normal.. its not bloody normal.. dont you see... If it isnt an illness of sorts then its damn lazyness or as Ive said emotional...

Perhaps I missed it, how old were your kids when you potty trained them?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:47 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,005,346 times
Quote:
Where the hell did you read this anywhere in this thread, or anywhere else in any written literature on Earth for that matter?

I wonder about people who have to say stupid stuff like this just to cling to their point of view that everyone else is wrong.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 518 times
My sons 4 and he won't go on the potty he's scared so each time he goes in the potty he gets candy but if he doesn't go in the potty he doesn't get candy but if he doesn't get his own way he kicks off so I think it's like everyone else's son or daughter at this age but when me and my wife split up he would go there and she would give him baby food for a punishment and a spank now I don't agree with that tell me how I can potty train my son instead of treat him like a animal

Old 04-15-2018, 07:11 PM

2 posts, read 518 times
Quote:
All kids wet the bed bet you did it once

Old 04-15-2018, 07:17 PM

6,305 posts, read 2,284,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Stephens View Post
All kids wet the bed bet you did it once
Don't worry, when these judgmental people get old, they may suffer incontinence and then they will remember the nasty comments they made about children who struggle with bed wetting and potty training.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:47 PM

2,123 posts, read 1,139,514 times
Quote:
I'm guessing your reading comprehension isn't as good as you think it is.

Old 04-15-2018, 08:21 PM

15,276 posts, read 16,779,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor Stephens View Post
My sons 4 and he won't go on the potty he's scared so each time he goes in the potty he gets candy but if he doesn't go in the potty he doesn't get candy but if he doesn't get his own way he kicks off so I think it's like everyone else's son or daughter at this age but when me and my wife split up he would go there and she would give him baby food for a punishment and a spank now I don't agree with that tell me how I can potty train my son instead of treat him like a animal
Punishment for potty training not only does not work, but it can cause a lot of problems.

If he is scared, you need to address that - it could be a sensory issue or something like *falling in to the toilet.* Does he use a small potty chair or the seat that goes on the toilet? Does he have a stool he can use to climb up to the seat himself if he uses the *big toilet?* Does the noise of the flushing scare him?

Is he constipated at all? Sometimes miralax can help if he is backed up.

How good is his language? Can he tell you when he needs to go?

Have you tried teaching him to pee standing up? Often this is helpful for boys - you can put a cheerio in the toilet bowl and have him aim at it?

Have you been using any videos to help him see what to do. The Tom's Toilet Triumph from the Australian government may help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8Ie4aZu_E

Good luck!

Old 04-17-2018, 01:20 PM

3,634 posts, read 1,175,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
How common is it for 3 year olds to wear diapers?
I wasn't potty trained until age 4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or