Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:49 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,462,573 times

Advertisements

Is there anything that can be done prenatally to prevent a flabby post natal stomach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 07:50 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,121,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot juice View Post
I guess it is different for everyone. Why do some ladies have stretch marks and others don't?
Mostly it's hereditary is my understanding. If your Mom had pregnancy stretch marks, you (well - not you, cj) probably will too & no amount of cocoa butter will help.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:54 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,121,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b75 View Post
Is there anything that can be done prenatally to prevent a flabby post natal stomach?
Personal trainers, personal chefs, nannies (so you can work out) - you know - the usual celebrity perks. At least that's what I've read in People & US.

In all seriousness, I honestly don't know. I'd love to hear real-life experience on this. I'm dreading to a certain extent the big overhang that I'm sure to have after the twins.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:56 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b75 View Post
Just be VERY DEDICATED to doing excercises to tone that tummy and get a VERY STRONG BACK!!! Once your used to doing this BEFOREHAND and try to do as much as possible during it will be MUCH easier to get it right back.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I'm just wondering if all women get saggy skin on their tummies after they have a baby.

I've also heard that your hair falls out and gets real thin.

Does this happen to everyone?

Thanks,

Carrot Juice
Gosh, all these women lying to you. They are being awfully nice and not telling the WHOLE truth. As if we DID tell you the truth and it got passed down then women everywhere would stop having babies.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:03 PM

Anyway,

Two pregnancies. Well two that went full term. Not one single stretch mark, WOOHOO!!!! THAT I can be proud of and I will say this your size does NOT matter. My sister is MUCH smaller than I am and she gained less weight and is a dedicated fitness nut and she has stretch marks after just one pregnancy. I don't have a single one . Hair did start falling out but my hairdresser told me to keep taking my prenatal vitamans and that REALLY helped. You can also get vitamans for your hair and nails that will help but they are almost like a prenatal.

As for the tummy................ honey I've seen women that have had 4 and 5 kids that have TIGHT abs that would put anyone to shame. It is all up to each and every single person how much they want to dedicate to working out that core strength (tummy AND back play a HUGE part). A good strong back will REALLY help when it comes to pregnancy and delivery. Gosh, my second delivery was a MAJOR backache. She was all the way up, never dropped and sunnyside up and on top of that my epidural stopped working hours before she FINALLY came out. URGH!!! My back hurt for DAYS and WEEKS after that one. After that one I'd do a full natural birth if I had to do it again as I felt all the pain anyway and STILL felt the pain of the epidural going in. OUCH! So get active w/ that core and get it strong and keep it strong as much as possible and it will be MUCH easier on you all the way around (before, during and after).

Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Personal trainers, personal chefs, nannies (so you can work out) - you know - the usual celebrity perks. At least that's what I've read in People & US.

In all seriousness, I honestly don't know. I'd love to hear real-life experience on this. I'm dreading to a certain extent the big overhang that I'm sure to have after the twins.
You and Angelina Jolie.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,226 times
What about age?

Does it help if you have a child young? Do any women have babies after 40? Can you even get pregnant after 40?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:34 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Well, my body changed soooo slightly. My hips just got slightly wider, almost unnoticeable. I gained 30 pounds and lost them all within a year.
My hair did get thinner though and never really returned to the way they were.

Oh, one thing: I was nursing for some time on demand and my breasts are slightly flatter and flabbier.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
What about age?

Does it help if you have a child young? Do any women have babies after 40? Can you even get pregnant after 40?
Yes, plenty of women have babies after 40. If my last miscarriage would have gone fullterm I would have delivered at 40 That was 3rd one after two kids so he got to go in for "The Friday Special"

Also, don't worry about how sex will be after having a baby vaginally. First one was just like normal afterwards. Second one however, I believe my husband paid the doctor extra for a few extra stitches That woman should be BANNED from delivering anymore babies, seriously. And that was not the only reason why I think that either. Just letting you and your s.o. know that IT can be just like before afterwards. It ain't gonna fall out

As for the breasts. I breastfed both. Well the second one only for 5 days and she decided to stop Turns out by the looks of things I could have fed the entire city but not a drop was coming out. OUCH!!! At the age of 42 I have breasts that are a la natural, right up there where they should be, I can flex them (this is where that working out part comes in), they don't sag much at all if any and I'm still a C cup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting