U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-12-2016, 12:56 PM
 
10,027 posts, read 6,148,393 times
Reputation: 23445

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Why does it matter? I need unbiased opinionson a family situation
Cause its weird...people post for themselves or if not, they qualify the question with "I am asking this on behalf of a family member". Otherwise you seem like a pathological liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2016, 12:58 PM
 
3,663 posts, read 2,756,520 times
Reputation: 11573
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
I didn't want to say that i was posting on behalf of someone else in the beginning but since you searched the posts
Really? So all these posts you posted "on behalf of someone else"? No one knows what to believe from you now.........

I just have to rant, i have a very difficult and strong willed 3 yr old. It has been a full time effort to get her to behave in public and listen. Unfortunately my older child goes to an activity where I have to bring the 3 yr old to. This other parent has a 3 yr old as well which she just lets run around screaming. My 3 yr old immediately starts mimicking the behavior.



Having small kids myself, I am personally pro life.



I work 2 jobs and have small children to tend to, so my time is limited and any free time I have I want to spend with my family, not at a gym.



I am a pretty liberal person. My wife and I took our kids (youngest of which is 3) to Provencetown which has a very large population of the LGBQT community.



I asked my 7 year old if she thinks skin color matters. She said no. I said, yep that's correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 01:06 PM
 
1,633 posts, read 1,897,042 times
Reputation: 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
Really? So all these posts you posted "on behalf of someone else"? .
What does it matter? What is this a trial by fire? Geez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 01:13 PM
 
35,123 posts, read 36,475,522 times
Reputation: 61739
OP: If I did not want my children to go with someone they did not go and honestly I owe no one an explaination.
Personally, your wife is much too pushy and my children would not be allowed to go with her or be left alone with her.
Quit asking and accept the fact that this situation will not happen, end of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Denver area
20,953 posts, read 21,588,656 times
Reputation: 34561
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
What does it matter? What is this a trial by fire? Geez

In general, if you are posting "on behalf" of some else, you say that. Why the need to present it as your own issues.

Of course the answer night be to ...MYOB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Saint John, IN
10,074 posts, read 2,887,953 times
Reputation: 11619
1. I would ask the brother what the heck? they are your nieces & nephews why can't you and your wife spend time with them.


2. Are your ex-wife and sister in-law close? Maybe that's the problem and the reason why your sister in-law has an issue with your new wife. Maybe her & the ex are besties?


3. After so many times of asking I'd just give up.


4. If I was your wife I would ask the S.I.L what the deal is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 01:31 PM
 
3,663 posts, read 2,756,520 times
Reputation: 11573
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
What does it matter? What is this a trial by fire? Geez
It matters, because you are asking people for help, when apparently you already have children of your own that your wife should be taking care of.

So which story is true?

No wonder your sister doesnt want you wife watching her kids. If that story is true...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 01:39 PM
 
1,633 posts, read 1,897,042 times
Reputation: 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
It matters, because you are asking people for help, when apparently you already have children of your own that your wife should be taking care of.

So which story is true?

No wonder your sister doesnt want you wife watching her kids. If that story is true...
Everything is true, just in different persons. But again, why does it matter? To impress people? The truth does not change and the truth is either I or someone close to me needs unbiased advice. If someone creates a new CD account and posts the same thing, people would be like "omg its a fake account" and if I disclosed that from the inception I would have gotten flamed. So really, a no win situation so believe what you want. Dig up every post this account has made and question it all. I really don't know what to tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 01:45 PM
 
14,682 posts, read 15,515,890 times
Reputation: 24332
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Everything is true, just in different persons. But again, why does it matter? To impress people? The truth does not change and the truth is either I or someone close to me needs unbiased advice. If someone creates a new CD account and posts the same thing, people would be like "omg its a fake account" and if I disclosed that from the inception I would have gotten flamed. So really, a no win situation so believe what you want. Dig up every post this account has made and question it all. I really don't know what to tell you.
Here is the unbiased advice your (or your friend) is seeking: Leave it alone. The mother of those kids doesn't want them spending time alone at your house. Her reason is none of your business. In fact, you might not like it if you were to know. Maybe she likes your wife fine, but YOU give her the creeps. Maybe she thinks one or both of you drink too much. Maybe you have dogs she doesn't like. Maybe your house is dirty.

Maybe she has a good reason and maybe she doesn't. But it's her call so tell your wife to stop asking.

Last edited by Marlow; 12-12-2016 at 01:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 01:48 PM
 
10,027 posts, read 6,148,393 times
Reputation: 23445
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Everything is true, just in different persons. But again, why does it matter? To impress people? The truth does not change and the truth is either I or someone close to me needs unbiased advice. If someone creates a new CD account and posts the same thing, people would be like "omg its a fake account" and if I disclosed that from the inception I would have gotten flamed. So really, a no win situation so believe what you want. Dig up every post this account has made and question it all. I really don't know what to tell you.
Ive been able to ask on behalf of others, as well as being honest about myself without having to create new accounts or lie. Am I flamed sometimes? Yeah. It comes with the internet. But you can get advice without doing a bunch of lying. Now people know you aren't honest or truthful and its going to be hard not to think about that when seeing your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top