U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 02:41 PM

305 posts, read 492,905 times

Advertisements

This hamster isn't originally mine. It was an out of the blue favor that was done for
My Coworker who was one of the many people in my workplace who was laid off. I wasn't sure of the details but what happened is that I guess she didn't have a place anymore and loaned me the hamster for what was supposed to be a week. Well 2 weeks passed and she hasn't contacted me yet. I'm ok not a big deal. She gave me plenty of food to support the hamster. I have to wait till she calls.

I was doing a routine cleaning of her cage and I was so stupid I forgot to throw away her trash and bedding. My step father found the bedding and I had to confess that I had to pet sit for a coworker that was going through difficult times and it was supposed to be a short time. Then my mother called who asked me about the hamster and I told her I was pet sitting. She said she gave me until the end of the day to get rid of it, or I'll be out too. Mind you, I've been paying $500 a month in rent to stay here and if she kicks me out then with no 30 day eviction notice, then I would be ready to sue her for the 3.5 years of rent costs, damages, room and board etc.

We used to have pets and I was 12 years old and we had problems with dogs escaping and pooping all over the house. I didn't know anything about pets back then yet my own mother bases something that happened 15 years ago over the fact that I can't take care of a pet. I told them that hamsters don't stink and I keep the cage clean for the animals health. I need to persuade the parents to hold onto the hamster for a little longer until my coworker is ready to take the pet back. I'm 27. I work full time and know damn well how to care for a pet. The hamster poses no threat to anyone in the house hold and will be strictly my responsibility.

Someone help me please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 02:42 PM

24,839 posts, read 30,075,301 times
Move. Out.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:44 PM

2,499 posts, read 1,425,836 times
Move out, although I'm dubious of this post from the start.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Move. Out.
I don't have a place. I'll move out if she gives me an eviction notice writing. Otherwise it's a trip
To court.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:13 PM

You're 27 years old, and arguing with your parents about keeping a hamster. My bet? You're about 13.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:14 PM

12,127 posts, read 9,875,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetik View Post
I don't have a place. I'll move out if she gives me an eviction notice writing. Otherwise it's a trip
To court.
Boy if your Mom was smart, she would begin this process ASAP and get a lawyer to protect herself from your entitled ...behind.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:16 PM

20,419 posts, read 37,629,184 times
Quote:
Mind you, I've been paying $500 a month in rent to stay here and if she kicks me out then with no 30 day eviction notice, then I would be ready to sue her for the 3.5 years of rent costs, damages, room and board etc.
So your written rental agreement has a pet clause in it?
If not, the above is nothing but blowing hot air and looking ridiculous.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
So your written rental agreement has a pet clause in it?
If not, the above is nothing but blowing hot air and looking ridiculous.
There is no written rental agreement on pets. And regardless, she would still be evicting me illegally which is grounds for a lawsuit.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
There is no written rental agreement on pets. And regardless, she would still be evicting me illegally which is grounds for a lawsuit.
Eviction is a legal process. If it's done, it is done legally. This whole thing sounds ridiculous.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:51 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,321,722 times
Grow up. Move out - today if possible. You are way too old to be living at home. If you can afford to pay $500 rent a month then you can probably afford to get an apartment (even if you have to share with someone else).

I have no opinion about the hamster or your parents other than I think maybe they want to throw out the wrong 'resident'.

How you think you could possibly sue for 3.5 years of rent, damages, etc. is beyond me (since apparently you actually received what you paid for - a place to live) but if you want to spend the money to try, I guess the system could use a good laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or