Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 09:35 PM

617 posts, read 935,657 times

Advertisements

I came to pick up my baby boy after work and cops had surrounded the residential house where the day care is. There was a yellow tape blocking people from coming up the driveway. I had to give my name and my son's name for the cops to bring my son out of the house. He was fine. The cops could only say that one of the children had a medical incident and went to the hospital. I am assuming day care lady took the child but I don't know. I called the day care lady later tonight and she said she was sick and would not be open tomorrow and would give me an update over the weekend. I said are you OK? Because I thought only the child was the one sick. She said she is OK and can't do daycare tomorrow. She seemed really down.

I'm thinking what happened that there were 8 cops by her house and she can't be open? Are they going to shut her down? Do we need a new daycare?

Last edited by jobseeker2013; 01-26-2017 at 09:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 09:37 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,457,919 times
Yes. Your first priority is your child. Take no risks.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:01 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,106,242 times
I would be looking for a new daycare.

And keeping an eye on the local news.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:22 AM

3,857 posts, read 3,132,689 times
Call the police station and ask. Demand answers because your baby was involved in a crime scene. Are you sure that was police tape? Demand Answers from the Day Care Lady, and choose another place for child care.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:13 AM

19,965 posts, read 30,111,427 times
sounds like the first few minutes of a law and order show...

it can be a 100 things.....what if one parent got out of jail...had a restraining order and came to pick up the kid..
they have to call the cops..

but if it was something ....the place had nothing to do with,,,,she should have told you..

Old 01-27-2017, 05:48 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,923,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobseeker2013 View Post
I came to pick up my baby boy after work and cops had surrounded the residential house where the day care is. There was a yellow tape blocking people from coming up the driveway. I had to give my name and my son's name for the cops to bring my son out of the house. He was fine. The cops could only say that one of the children had a medical incident and went to the hospital. I am assuming day care lady took the child but I don't know. I called the day care lady later tonight and she said she was sick and would not be open tomorrow and would give me an update over the weekend. I said are you OK? Because I thought only the child was the one sick. She said she is OK and can't do daycare tomorrow. She seemed really down.

I'm thinking what happened that there were 8 cops by her house and she can't be open? Are they going to shut her down? Do we need a new daycare?
How would anyone on a public forum know if they are going to shut her down. As for a new daycare, what do you think? Do you feel safe dropping your child off there? Let's engage common sense.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:39 AM

617 posts, read 935,657 times
I thought the police being called was a standard protocol. I was hoping someone would know if that was true or not

Old 01-27-2017, 07:43 AM

4,039 posts, read 4,933,632 times
Quote:
I thought the police being called was a standard protocol. I was hoping someone would know if that was true or not
She's not sick. The cops won't let her open her daycare until the investigation is complete. Common sense. Also, I wouldn't want to take my child back. Ever.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:08 AM

922 posts, read 1,106,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
She's not sick. The cops won't let her open her daycare until the investigation is complete. Common sense. Also, I wouldn't want to take my child back. Ever.

This ^^^. Look for a new day care and make sure it's licensed and vetted.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:08 AM

518 posts, read 922,647 times
Quote:
Seems like something is rotten here. The police wouldn't have been called unless there was some sort of law being broken. Like the paramedics were called for an emergency and saw something illegal going on. I personally would find a new daycare for Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting