Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 10:07 AM

13,444 posts, read 15,442,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAborg View Post
1). why did you decide to have children? were they accidental? how old were you when you had them?
2). how many children do you have? what are their ages?
3). had you thought of how their lives would be like prior to their conception, things like:
if they would be happy, like if they would grow up regretting their birth? If they would get cancer, or have their legs/face/arms blown off in a war they were forced to fight in? If they would be forced to endure the next war?
4). what would you do if your children ends up regretting their birth, and wishes to commit suicide? Would you help them attain the right to die (I think Belgium is granting their citizens, after a many many many tests and therapy sessions, to attain the right to die).

1. Because we wanted to. No. 30, 35
2. 2, 10 and 5
3. Uh, no. But I do know that our children would have happy lives because my husband and I try our best to make sure that their lives are enriched, stable, and nurtured. Basically the things we can control, but there are things of course that we can't.
4. Well I hope it would never come to that. We would definitely intervene as much as possible before it ever got to the point of exercising a right to die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 10:26 AM

676 posts, read 724,255 times
Decided to leave it in a lil longer. Was no previous thought about it. My response to my wife (gf at that time)when she said she might get pregnant "oh well".

Old 02-02-2017, 11:12 AM

447 posts, read 486,727 times
OP, you have some crazy questions:-) but so many great answers here . LOL

1. I, and my husband started to have children in my early 20's. I just knew I was ready and my husband too.(he's older)

2. 3 - 2 teens/Young adult. 1 PreK. Don't really know who's worse :-))

3. NO. Otherwise I don't think we would ever have children.

4. I did what I had to, everything possible to help him. No, I don't believe I would be capable to help my son with killing himself. We went thru this situation(trying to commit suicide), and G-d please, no more. You, as a parent feel so helpless. I would not wish it on anyone. TG we survived, all of us.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:37 AM

4,903 posts, read 4,207,684 times
Early in my second marriage my wife became pregnant. We could have named him Surprise as I was in my 50s'.

Old 02-02-2017, 11:46 AM

130 posts, read 105,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunak View Post
OP, you have some crazy questions:-) but so many great answers here . LOL

1. I, and my husband started to have children in my early 20's. I just knew I was ready and my husband too.(he's older)

2. 3 - 2 teens/Young adult. 1 PreK. Don't really know who's worse :-))

3. NO. Otherwise I don't think we would ever have children.[/b][/i][/u][/i][/b][/b]

4. I did what I had to, everything possible to help him. No, I don't believe I would be capable to help my son with killing himself. We went thru this situation(trying to commit suicide), and G-d please, no more. You, as a parent feel so helpless. I would not wish it on anyone. TG we survived, all of us.
so in retrospect, esp given that you've dealt with an offspring wanting to commit suicide, would you choose to go childless if you could go back in time?

Old 02-02-2017, 01:32 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,717,722 times
Quote:
so in retrospect, esp given that you've dealt with an offspring wanting to commit suicide, would you choose to go childless if you could go back in time?

SERIOUSLY?????? Dumb thread......moving on!

Old 02-02-2017, 01:38 PM

693 posts, read 832,061 times
Shortly after we discovered she was pregnant.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:43 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,806,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugLandDAd View Post
Shortly after we discovered she was pregnant.

Sometimes we find out those surprise babies are the very best. I think if anyone ever waited until they could afford to have kids, there would be no babies born.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 PM

734 posts, read 451,022 times
I loved soccer, and wanted to start a team myself that I could brainwash them very early on. It stopped at one member since I missed my sleep!

Old 02-02-2017, 03:46 PM

447 posts, read 486,727 times
Quote:
OP, obviously you working on some project, or study of yours? You have some clinical questions.:-)

But I will answer you. No, I would not choose to go childless.

I can go on and talk about how beautiful or painful it could be a parent, but there are millions of parents, who would tell you the same. Emotionally, parenthood can be a rollercoaster sometime. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting