U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 08:42 AM

441 posts, read 284,745 times

Advertisements

I posted my question in home decorating forum, but this question is also kid issue. I'm trying to determine which of two available spaces I have to put up whiteboard calendar and pin board for my boys. Want to hear from parents with elementary age kids who BTDT!

Spot 1:
Wall is 9 feet high and 4 feet wide across. Plenty big for what I want to put up, it's near the action for my family at far end of my kitchen. It's near our eat in table and nearby entrance to den. It's also round the corner from front foyer/front entrance. boys would have to collect their backpacks from the spot every morning, walk across kitchen and step down into hallway then get their coats and shoes from mud room and exit two steps away into garage. I can't put all of that in mudroom as it isn't big enough which would be my ideal choice.

Spot 2:

It's a narrow hallway, but I have 7 feet high of wall with just little under 4 feet wide of space. It's between garage and mud room entrance which also doubles as our laundry room. It's more central spot to keep everything in one place, as boys costs and shoes is in mud room which would be only few steps away from family command center. However it's also on opposite side of other end from kitchen, far from action. So if boys were to want to check calendar, see lunch menu etc they have to trek across kitchen and step down into the narrow hallway to see calendar.

Which spot would you put a system like one I found on pin interest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 08:50 AM

35,799 posts, read 34,438,076 times

Old 02-07-2017, 09:05 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,044,831 times
Our pinboard is by the kitchen table, so we can see it and refer to it while eating and doing homework. Every evening, we help the kids get their backpacks packed and ready to go, then set them by the door.

I would pick number 1, but I'm not sure why you have to keep the backpacks by the whiteboard calendar and pin board.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:37 PM

441 posts, read 284,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
Our pinboard is by the kitchen table, so we can see it and refer to it while eating and doing homework. Every evening, we help the kids get their backpacks packed and ready to go, then set them by the door.

I would pick number 1, but I'm not sure why you have to keep the backpacks by the whiteboard calendar and pin board.
Backpacks doesn't neccasarily have to be with the command center. it was just an idea i saw on pininterest.

kinda like this picture.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:24 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,630,855 times
I say #2. Our kids backpacks and coats/shoes are right as you come in the house from the garage. They go out the garage door in the morning and come in through the front door in the afternoon. They have to pass the area in route to their hang out room which is off the kitchen in the afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or