U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2017, 07:34 PM

14,815 posts, read 15,685,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Those are the most "reasonable" explanations however, I know people who have used that game and have experienced much more in-explainable scenarios. Things that, I'm sure if you tried hard enough you could come up with some explanation or justification for what happened. But when you know people who have used it and had their friends possessed or controlled in one way or another, you don't think the same of that "game".
Really? Possessed or controlled? After playing with a Ouija board?

Please feel free to elaborate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 06:05 AM

867 posts, read 352,199 times
Unhappy Passive & aggressive parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejeey View Post
So..I know this is going to sound crazy but night before last our 15 year old daughter had some of her friends over, one of them brought an Ouija board. They were playing around with it in her room when my wife opened went into their room and saw them playing with it. She was NOT happy, and took it away and put it up along with giving some strong words about how bad it is. Now I am not religious, but my wife is and personally to me it's no more harmful than any other board game but obviously my wife views it very differently. I told her she was overreacting but she would hear none of it. They were all upset of course, but nothing they could do now.

To me, it's not a issue at all, but what do you think? I realize this may have a lot to do on whether you are religious or not.
IMO, your wife shattered whatever trust their is or ever was between her and her DEPENDENT child who will most likely leave homes as soon as possible ( I would). Your wife storms into her child's room, rudely humiliates her in front of the other kids, hysterically takes away their {innocent) fun and demonstrated that parents cannot be trusted, respected nor LOVED as reasonable friends and guides.
And to make matters worse, you, the other powerful adult in the home, PASSIVELY LET IT ALL HAPPEN! Are you ever going to stand up for and PROTECT your defenseless child from your emotionally disturbed wife? Or will you passively lay low until your child walks away from that miserable home the day she turns 18?? One of you parents needs to do what is RIGHT by your child and it looks to me like your are the only one left to save her from the other very sick parent;

Old 03-09-2017, 07:13 AM

1,288 posts, read 955,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich View Post
IMO, your wife shattered whatever trust their is or ever was between her and her DEPENDENT child who will most likely leave homes as soon as possible ( I would). Your wife storms into her child's room, rudely humiliates her in front of the other kids, hysterically takes away their {innocent) fun and demonstrated that parents cannot be trusted, respected nor LOVED as reasonable friends and guides.
And to make matters worse, you, the other powerful adult in the home, PASSIVELY LET IT ALL HAPPEN! Are you ever going to stand up for and PROTECT your defenseless child from your emotionally disturbed wife? Or will you passively lay low until your child walks away from that miserable home the day she turns 18?? One of you parents needs to do what is RIGHT by your child and it looks to me like your are the only one left to save her from the other very sick parent;
Quit overreacting!!!

Old 03-09-2017, 07:24 AM

576 posts, read 370,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Really? Possessed or controlled? After playing with a Ouija board?

Please feel free to elaborate.
Hah, I was waiting for someone to comment back with high skepticism. I don't blame you. However, the people I have talked to who have encountered situations like this didn't joke around when talking about it. Any time something like this happened they spoke very plainly about how scary it was and how afterwards they would never use the game again. Generally the person being possessed/controlled had no recollection of anything that happened during the game and often they were very shaken up afterwards. Again, all of this is based on what people have told me. There will always be naysayers out there and I'm not going to try and convince someone otherwise, but I know plenty of people who have experienced supernatural things (in general) and while playing with that board.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:40 AM

32,538 posts, read 28,824,243 times
Spirits of dead people huh? Gee.... Ouija boards have been around for years and years. You'd think by now Oswald would have surfaced and said something like, "I did it alone you idiots. Find another conspiracy theory."

Old 03-09-2017, 12:16 PM

14,815 posts, read 15,685,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
Hah, I was waiting for someone to comment back with high skepticism. I don't blame you. However, the people I have talked to who have encountered situations like this didn't joke around when talking about it. Any time something like this happened they spoke very plainly about how scary it was and how afterwards they would never use the game again. Generally the person being possessed/controlled had no recollection of anything that happened during the game and often they were very shaken up afterwards. Again, all of this is based on what people have told me. There will always be naysayers out there and I'm not going to try and convince someone otherwise, but I know plenty of people who have experienced supernatural things (in general) and while playing with that board.
I agree that there's not point in arguing about it. But I think that peoples' imagination gets the best of them and they start to see, hear and feel all sorts of things that they blame on the Ouija board.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:21 PM

867 posts, read 352,199 times
Talking My ignore list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
Quit overreacting!!!
You are now on my ignore list.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:13 PM

3,094 posts, read 3,870,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
Your Ouija Board rejuvenation process was a success. However, I think I may have summoned more than I bargained for. After inadvertently positioning the plastic bag over my head a couple of times, I was finally able to thoroughly saturate my old Ouija Board with all of your recommended components, including an ample amount of Swamp Miasma, Satan's Breath, and Potpourri Refresher Oils.

I swear to God you are psychic because this afternoon, after I executed a series of scientific tests, I placed my hands on the planchette and asked, "COCKIE! COCKIE! COCKIE! Did the Baron von Blixen give you the CLAP too?" I swear I could feel Cockie's spirit in the planchette, but before I could get her answer there was such a ruckus outside that I rushed to my window to take a peek! I videoed this. https://youtu.be/ORSvf8eVa0g

What madness have I unleashed?? Too much Midnight Sepulchral Fog? I was forced to call Long Beach Animal Control.

Anyhoo, on a lighter note here's a lovely song from our favorite Norwegian, Myron Floren! https://youtu.be/0ziYB_73u2E

I hope I have better luck contacting that Stotesbury woman of Florida!! Yikes! I wonder how the Czar measures up to Floren and and, to quote Lawrence Welk, "Myron Floren and his busy fingers!"
MERCY, what Myron could do with those busy fingers!!! If I was with a man like that, he'd have me jumpin' around and hollerin', like Luty Pearl at the Pentecostal Brush Arbor Meetin' (https://books.google.com/books?id=M6...0foote&f=false). As I see it, all the Czar might have over Myron Floren, is his smokin-hot and tickly MOUSTACHE (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...bd65500a0c.jpg). I'll ask Mrs. Stotesbury about that, next time she appears to me.

As for the mishap with the reptile infestation in your front yard, I think I see your problem, hon. I think things took a turn for the worse, when you tied the bag over the Ouija, WITH YOUR HEAD IN IT. Didn't you read the part, when I said, "...you don't want to go breathing the gases"? And to compound the problem, you added the Potpourri Refresher Oils to the Ouija Board Refresher Vapour Crystals. Somehow, the presence of your head in the bag, opened up a time warp wormhole, just as the Vapour Crystals and the Potpourri Refresher Oils were forming a hithertofore unseen synergy.

This uncharted synergistic effect was THRUST, simultaneously, into SEVERAL reptile-bearing eras, with the Wormhole left unclosed. I assume you used the Agraria Bitter Orange, which reportedly exerts a disquieting effect upon your larger reptiles.

And did you also use the Lavender & Rosemary? That blend is thought to inflame the passions of many cryptids. So, it's no wonder they leapt through the wormhole, and started a battle-royal, right there on top of your prize-winning Frangipani bushes.

Honey, the Potpourri Refresher Oils are for your Potpourri. And the Ouija Refresher Vapour Crystals are for your Ouija Board. And your head is supposed to stay out of the bag. I think it's the combination of all three, that's the root of your problem.

Oh, and you might want to check to be sure those things didn't lay any eggs...

Old 03-11-2017, 03:38 PM

3,198 posts, read 1,807,908 times
There are two sides to the board.

One is harmless fun IF someone is pushing it around on the others.

But the Harm comes when NO ONE {for real} is pushing it. There ARE energies you DON"T want to mess with.

Our close friends {considered family} have a 25 year old son, who though it would be great to have a few friends over and "have a seance" and play ouija in the creepy stacked stone foundation basement of their circa 1820 Federal Revival "mansion". He thought it was funny.

UNTIL: later upstairs he was taking a shower in the clawfoot tub shower with a single oval shower curtain ring around it connected only where the shower head is. In the middle of his shower, he noticed the curtain sliding all the way around open around the single oval ring. He heard but saw no one as heavy boot like foot falls retreated.

However, there was NO ONE in the bathroom, and the door was LOCKED!

He's cured on ouija forever!

Old 03-11-2017, 03:39 PM

3,198 posts, read 1,807,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Spirits of dead people huh? Gee.... Ouija boards have been around for years and years. You'd think by now Oswald would have surfaced and said something like, "I did it alone you idiots. Find another conspiracy theory."
Perhaps he has, but the recipients of the message are too dumbfounded to give voice to their readings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting