Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:16 PM

685 posts, read 1,105,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I was one of those. My sons were pretty happy playing with each other. In my home there just wasn't a need to have more kids around. By the time they got to school they could have that experience or when they went to their cousins' homes. I had three kids in five years by choice. When they got to be school age they played with other kids at school.

They turned out well
I was the poor only child, non-pre-school going one who ended up being very social with a ton of school friends, despite the fact I never had a "play"date" before starting elementary school go figure. My 2 dd's are also very content playing with each other on the weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 03:46 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,012,378 times
I'm going to say I have not seen this, my son is 2.5 and we do play dates and we even put him in a preschool/daycare so that he would get more socialization and out of the house.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:51 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy in Nokomis View Post
Well - you can see how rotten kids are raised by clueless, permissive parents in this society without morals, can you blame them?
Exactly.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:40 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,707,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
I never even heard the word "play date" until the internet. I sort of don't get the concept of forcing your young kid to "play" with people whose mom you like yet your kids might not like one another. What about just waiting until the kid is school age and ASKS to see the kid outside of school. I know one mom who was always trying to set up playdates with random kids while it was clear her kid did not wanna be doing this. r.
My mom tried to arrange a playdate for me in kindergarten. With a boy. I wasn't having it! I only wanted to play with girls at that age. I felt very guilty though because the boy's feelings were clearly hurt that I did not want to play with him. I wish my mom had forced me to go on the playdate anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting