Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 11:11 PM

983 posts, read 738,188 times

Advertisements

This made me LOL so hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G1hvWBj0kI

I mean, really, it's not even some huge teen or m rated MMORPG game, just a game made by National Geographic for crying out loud, yet not only is there a parent getting upset over it but it's news LOL. Of course kids can find ways around things, no matter how restrictive they may be, but to actually think it's a problem with the game itself and it should be pulled..SERIOUSLY???

Yeah, actually monitoring what our kids do online and being responsible...too hard. Just get rid of it! I don't know what's more absurd, this woman wanting to pull an otherwise fun kids national geographic game, or the fact that she thinks there are all kinds of child predators just looking to try to get to your kids on it. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 05:20 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,408 times
This family is living in an RV and this is her biggest concern!

Old 03-12-2017, 07:29 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
Nothing wrong with living in a RV, tiny house living can save people a huge sum of money. As for the game, people are stupid, no surprise. Especially when it comes to anything remotely associated with sex.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:26 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:01 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,926,227 times
My kids used to play Animal Jam. There are tons of parental controls. You can limit it so that your kid can't receive messages at all. You can limit it so that your kid can only send pre-selected lines of conversations. You can make it so your kid can't send or receive messages at all, or only from other users you approve. There is a whole parent portal where you can manage all of that. My kids are over AJ now, but it seemed pretty harmless to me.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:

Actually I think it's pretty darned smart if they are saving money.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:48 AM

530 posts, read 1,163,637 times
My daughter's Animal Jam game was hacked when she played it when she was younger. She was upset the hacker took over her account, and that was the end of the game for us. I see nothing wrong with parents sharing unexpected experiences with a child's game. Since it is a National Geographic game, I would think most parents would not expect the problems shared in this story. I find it more concerning that you are insulting a mom who obviously was paying attention to what her child was doing. If she wasn't, then she never would have caught the problem.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:48 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHenryHOP View Post
It's sad that you think someone living in an RV isn't entitled to be worried about anything. Your comment obviously states that you think you are better than them. That's sad.
I don't think I'm better but I've lived in trailer parks and they didn't attract the kind of people I want my daughter exposed too. The ones who allowed RV' s were even worse. I'm low income so finding safe affordable housing is extremely difficult and a high priority of mine. Tiny houses are a different animal and don't really have the negative associations an RV park has. I'm not saying all people in mobile houses are bad but IME the stereotypes aren't based on nothing. Huge amounts of openly displayed domestic violence,teen pregnancy, alcoholism and addiction. Yes I know those things are everywhere but for some reason those things were right out in the open so exposure was constant and unhealthy for myself and my child. When behavior is normalized then you start to think it's not that bad because everyone you see is doing it.
I also live where Tornadoes and Hurricanes have an effect so ,yes I would have bigger things to worry about.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
So you think all "trailer parks" are the same or that just because they live in an RV they live in such a place?

I think your world must be terribly small to try and force large groups of people into such neat little boxes like that. Unfortunately your boxes don't match reality.

There are terrible neighborhoods built with stick and bricks, there are terrible neighborhoods with RVs and the opposite is also true.

Judging someone simply because there was an RV in the back and then making sweeping judgement based on that little information is pretty short sighted and likely wrong.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:10 PM

866 posts, read 629,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
This made me LOL so hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G1hvWBj0kI

I mean, really, it's not even some huge teen or m rated MMORPG game, just a game made by National Geographic for crying out loud, yet not only is there a parent getting upset over it but it's news LOL. Of course kids can find ways around things, no matter how restrictive they may be, but to actually think it's a problem with the game itself and it should be pulled..SERIOUSLY???

Yeah, actually monitoring what our kids do online and being responsible...too hard. Just get rid of it! I don't know what's more absurd, this woman wanting to pull an otherwise fun kids national geographic game, or the fact that she thinks there are all kinds of child predators just looking to try to get to your kids on it. LOL!
What idiots! So long as a parent treats their kids like prisoners in the parents fearful and unfriendly JAIL, the kids (like we were) will loose respect for their foolish, jailer parents and the go behind the Jailer's back any way possible. The parents, not the kids, set up the walls of disrespect, contempt and SUSPICION that causes kids to rebel in their teens and have such unloving attitudes towards their Jailer/Warden parents.
All the adults in that pathetic video exhibit the very same ignorant attitudes about takng things away from these little criminals, watching over their shoulders, seeing kids as PROBLEMS to be dealt with and fixed and overall CONTEMPT for kids. Nothing is mentioned about love, trust, honesty, respectful discussions with your kids, establishing and maintaining TRUST and RESPECT with you kids or anything resembling MUTUAL love, respect or trust - just adult CONTROL and DOMINATION which never worked in our very dysfunctional family.
It is obvious that the over-weight, trailer park woman sees her own kids as INMATES in the family Jail where she is the JAILER - not a mom! Kids are not going to put up with unfriendly, contemptuous Jailers forever. We never did!
The saddest thing about that video is how all those stupid adults have forgotten that they once were kids who faced the same parental STUPIDITY and animosity that they are now showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting