Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 AM
KCZ

4,675 posts, read 3,667,429 times

Advertisements

What is going to happen when your son's daycare teacher asks him about the bruises, and he responds that he gets bitten all the time but his parents say it's OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 11:32 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,298,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbjen View Post
Are they planning to homeschool the child permanently? Because biting will not be tolerated in school, and it would be better for them to try and get it handled now than have the child miss a bunch of school because they can't fix it quickly. Not to mention the potential lawsuits if the kid bites a non-relative.
They have no plans of sending their kids to school. Home schooling all the way

Old 03-20-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
After the first time, I would have addressed it. That you didn't is the reason why this has continued as a non-issue. So it's time to stand up to your wife and her mother and brother.

My son would not be allowed in their home again, nor the girl in my home, until the assclowns in charge get the biting dealt with.
I addressed it multiple times. We have had multiple arguments due to this issue between my wife and I. All she and her mom keeps saying is that we need to give the parents some time to find a remedy they are doing all they can and that I cant separate my son from his grandma whom he is attached to dearly.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley09swb View Post
It's not common at age 4 because it gets addressed way before then.

I would not let my child be around the cousin until the biting was under control. Is it breaking the skin? If so you need to take your child to the doc. My son was in Pre K (he was 5) and a kid bit him. He broke the skin. He had an infection and was running a fever. He had to get antibiotics.
We called his Dr. and he is upto date on tetanus shots so they said it is ok. It does bleed and have marks on his skin ...

Old 03-20-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
Hmm, what else can you do? Don't want to keep your son away?

What in god's name is wrong with you, you are willing sending your kid to a place where he is getting bitten,regularly. How about this, make a deal with your wife, every time your son gets bitten, you bite your wife and she bites you. At least then all of you can feel what he is feeling, wonder if the issue will stop then. Why should he be the only one bitten, when he has no control over where he is taken?

Time for you and your wife to grow up and put the safety of your child before your wife's relationship with her mommy.
I don't want to send him there but at the same time I am not sure if this is worth breaking marriage. So need to analyze pros and cons of this relationship which is a separate issue all together

Old 03-20-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Frankly, I'm more concerned here about your wife than I am about this incident, if she shows this bad of judgment on this, what else will she allow to happen to your son and not think it's a big deal?
she is overly protective about her kid but when it comes to her siblings and mom she is not that responsive to my plea. To her this specific matter is minor and not worth straining family relationship. I would definitely not allow that at the expense of my kid.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:39 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
All she and her mom keeps saying is that we need to give the parents some time to find a remedy they are doing all they can and that I cant separate my son from his grandma whom he is attached to dearly.
I'm afraid I would have bitten my wife by now. LOL

They both can pound sand.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm afraid I would have bitten my wife by now. LOL

They both can pound sand.
I told my wife that if I had bit her once like that she would have left me immediately.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:44 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,961,604 times
Has anyone tried biting the girl back? Getting a squirt bottle and squirting her when she does it? I would put my foot down and refuse to have him over there until it stops.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Here is the parenting forum: http://www.city-data.com/forum/parenting/ - I'd search that as I think biting is fairly common?
I dont want to take it upon myself to find the remedy for this problem. I emailed them the links. If they think its worth it to get help they would do it. Otherwise, my son is not going close to that home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting