Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 09:08 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
Thanks for feedback everyone. Today my wife and I had an important discussion. Emailed her a link to this thread and told her rest of the sane ppl in US think like me. It was decided that the kid will not go to that house period until there is documented evidence of the issue being resolved. Only exception would be to check on the grandma but in that case mommy would always accompany her son and wont leave him unsupervised even when grandma is around. Once again I appreciate all your help in helping me convince my wife... As for the niece's parents. They didn't reply to my email and at this point I don't really care because I will handle the situation my way from now on wards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 09:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Why do I have the feeling that they will just be "checking on grandma" a lot more often now?

Old 03-21-2017, 12:23 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
Well, I'm late to the party, but I would not be messing around with this anymore. Something is very wrong here. Call CPS. Your child has already been injured & traumatized, and what the HELL is going on with that biting kid & the people who think it's acceptable? A child that bites...that is intolerable at ANY age!

Old 03-21-2017, 12:26 AM
KCZ

4,669 posts, read 3,665,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTony View Post
Thanks for feedback everyone. Today my wife and I had an important discussion. Emailed her a link to this thread and told her rest of the sane ppl in US think like me. It was decided that the kid will not go to that house period until there is documented evidence of the issue being resolved. Only exception would be to check on the grandma but in that case mommy would always accompany her son and wont leave him unsupervised even when grandma is around. Once again I appreciate all your help in helping me convince my wife... As for the niece's parents. They didn't reply to my email and at this point I don't really care because I will handle the situation my way from now on wards
How do you think your son feels about outings to that house?

Old 03-21-2017, 04:04 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Well, I'm late to the party, but I would not be messing around with this anymore. Something is very wrong here. Call CPS. Your child has already been injured & traumatized, and what the HELL is going on with that biting kid & the people who think it's acceptable? A child that bites...that is intolerable at ANY age!
muzzles come to mind....Ive seen puppies muzzled for nipping ... so why not this little darling..

Old 03-21-2017, 08:50 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
OP, I'm glad your wife is finally realizing that this is not ok! It's hard when family is involved, but this is your son and his safety comes first! I would think that the child's aunt and uncle would be concerned not only for the safety of their nephew but also be concerned over the actions of their own child. It's a tough situation, but you're doing the right thing by banning your child from his cousin until the issue is resolved! Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 03-21-2017, 09:18 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,083,908 times
Sounds to me like a good ole fashioned spanking is in order now since this has been allowed to go on until the age of four . Nope she is old enough to know better at that age and this aunt and uncle are allowing it to go on . Keep your child away from his cousin until aunt and uncle start nipping it in the bud . I remember my brother biting me once and my dog bit him that stopped my brothers biting once and for all maybe biting her back is not such a bad idea but I also advocate spanking .

Old 03-21-2017, 09:37 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,185,322 times
Rarely have I seen a post on the C-D forums where it seems nearly every respondent was on the same side of an issue.

This is one of those posts....

Old 03-21-2017, 09:39 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmsn4life View Post
why do i have the feeling that they will just be "checking on grandma" a lot more often now?
+1.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:51 AM

894 posts, read 586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
As an objective person reading this thread, this reads as of your son's safety is not as important as your marriage. This is a place that you need to put your foot down, protect your son.
Exactly. I could see if the OP (or his wife) had no clue about what was happening to the son.

But since he does know, the kid's safety & well-being takes greater priority over what the negligent wife says.

This is not a situation where you need to do what you can to keep from making waves in your marriage or with your in-laws. As the above-poster said, protect your kid and screw what the other adults think of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting