U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-28-2017, 05:35 PM
 
10,927 posts, read 8,324,857 times
Reputation: 13883

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Not dumb enough, dear. Brave enough. Unlike you. Believe it or not, there are tons of people, many of them women, who agree with me and take it as a compliment that I elevate the woman who has the honor, integrity, and decency to place her kids at the top of her priorities. Rather than somewhere below a J.O.B. I'm placing a stay at home mother ABOVE a mere female worker. Way above. I'm saying she is at the core of civilization and the primary determinant of the direction of our society. And that is sexist? Good! Let's have lots of sexism. And I proudly sign on as sexist-in-chief.
Ew. YOU'RE gonna elevate people? Who the hell do you think you are?

 
Old 03-28-2017, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Northern NJ
6,383 posts, read 6,489,913 times
Reputation: 9165
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I work because I want to. It's in my blood and that will never change. My mother raised me as a working parent and I turned out pretty well. Same with my husband. As expressed before, only my husband and I know what's best for our family, so it really doesn't matter what someone else thinks.
You know? You really DON'T know what's best for your family. You get to decide what you are going to do, we live in a free society. But just because YOU do something, and it's for YOUR family, doesn't make it RIGHT or CORRECT. Right and correct are independent of your judgment. They MAY coincide, but they don't have to.

Thinking you AUTOMATICALLY know what is best for your family because it is YOU making the decisions is a logical fallacy. It's not true. So let's put that to rest for everyone. Including me.
 
Old 03-28-2017, 05:44 PM
 
10,927 posts, read 8,324,857 times
Reputation: 13883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You know? You really DON'T know what's best for your family. You get to decide what you are going to do, we live in a free society. But just because YOU do something, and it's for YOUR family, doesn't make it RIGHT or CORRECT. Right and correct are independent of your judgment. They MAY coincide, but they don't have to.

Thinking you AUTOMATICALLY know what is best for your family because it is YOU making the decisions is a logical fallacy. It's not true. So let's put that to rest for everyone. Including me.
Mansplaining to fix your little red wagon, poster. We all feel better now. We can sing kumbaya.
 
Old 03-28-2017, 05:44 PM
 
7,764 posts, read 4,431,404 times
Reputation: 8159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
What does sex have to do with anything? One can have sex without getting pregnant. And if an unwanted pregnancy results, abortions are available to correct the mistake. Or adoption if abortion is against one's religious convictions. I personally have no problem with abortion, but some people do.
Unless you are ready and willing to marry any woman you have sex with and support her and your baby that results in a pregnancy for life then you really should be abstinent. Also, make sure that she's totally on board for being a sahm before you have sex because if she isn't, you'll be in for some major disappointment. Oh, and make sure she wants to actually marry you too. Just because you are ok with abortion and adoption does not mean that your partner will be.
 
Old 03-28-2017, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Northern NJ
6,383 posts, read 6,489,913 times
Reputation: 9165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Unless you are ready and willing to marry any woman you have sex with and support her and your baby that results in a pregnancy for life then you really should be abstinent. Also, make sure that she's totally on board for being a sahm before you have sex because if she isn't, you'll be in for some major disappointment. Oh, and make sure she wants to actually marry you too. Just because you are ok with abortion and adoption does not mean that your partner will be.
I can't argue with much of this. It's pretty good advice for anyone. Before marrying, there should be months of discussion about parental philosophy, parenting style, religion, lifestyle, professional obligations, all of it. A man and a woman should be pretty much of one mind with respect to all these important issues before dating seriously, much less marrying. Because if you disagree substantially on any of it, there's no point in further dating, much less considering marriage.
 
Old 03-28-2017, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Northern NJ
6,383 posts, read 6,489,913 times
Reputation: 9165
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Mansplaining to fix your little red wagon, poster. We all feel better now. We can sing kumbaya.
Oh you're so up on the latest silly progressive buzzwords. I hope I didn't trigger you with my verbal microagressions so that you have to take out the Play Doh and retreat to a safe space.
 
Old 03-28-2017, 06:01 PM
 
7,764 posts, read 4,431,404 times
Reputation: 8159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I can't argue with much of this. It's pretty good advice for anyone. Before marrying, there should be months of discussion about parental philosophy, parenting style, religion, lifestyle, professional obligations, all of it. A man and a woman should be pretty much of one mind with respect to all these important issues before dating seriously, much less marrying. Because if you disagree substantially on any of it, there's no point in further dating, much less considering marriage.
And before having sex.
 
Old 03-28-2017, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Northern NJ
6,383 posts, read 6,489,913 times
Reputation: 9165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
And before having sex.
Absolutely correct. For everyone. Any woman who gives it up to a guy without knowing his intentions and qualifications is making one of those "bad choices" that result in getting hit by one of "life's curveballs" as we like to refer to things we do to ourselves but which we need to blame on external factors to protect our egos.
 
Old 03-28-2017, 06:15 PM
 
7,764 posts, read 4,431,404 times
Reputation: 8159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Absolutely correct. For everyone. Any woman who gives it up to a guy without knowing his intentions and qualifications is making one of those "bad choices" that result in getting hit by one of "life's curveballs" as we like to refer to things we do to ourselves but which we need to blame on external factors to protect our egos.
Any man.
 
Old 03-28-2017, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Northern NJ
6,383 posts, read 6,489,913 times
Reputation: 9165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I'll have to tell my son he was a "mistake".


I guess it's a good thing you have no control over our choices. I wonder if that keeps you awake at night. All these moms in the workplace who should be barefoot in the kitchen. -shudder-

How silly. I have no problem with women in the workplace. Many women in the workplace do better jobs than the men. In fact, gender has little or nothing to do with job performance. Personal character? That's the more important factor.


However, once kids are involved, the work to be done is at home with the children. That's the primary job, the most important job, the highest job, the most exalted job, and the best job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top