Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 10:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times

Advertisements

[quote=maciesmom;47745316]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post

I think there is something going on with the quote function. It gets whacky from time to time.

As my post shows lol. I quoted from the post above mine directly....which is not Kibbiekat. I know I've had to go edit a few of mine to straighten out who I was quoting.
Yes, and when you delete something, it's very easy to remove the formatting, e.g. a bracket or something. That's what happens to me on occasion.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:03 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,718,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

That's why you are the mom. Do you let children decide what is best for them? Ice cream for dinner? Skateboarding on the interstate?

Shocking at the absolute refusal to say: Infants need their moms.

Why bother having children at all? Just smh. Mothers who refuse to say infants needs them. Mothers who believe that daycare takes better care of their babies then they do. Just so pitiful.
The bold is nonsense. Infants need adults who care for them. Whether they are being cared for by their bio moms, adoptive moms, fathers, grandparents, or yes even a nanny or daycare teacher. Even children who are at a daycare for the 7 hrs a day still have a primary caregiver who takes care of them MOST of the time, when they are not in daycare.

Assuming you really believe the bolded, and not just out to bash working moms, than you would never leave an infant with their father, with their grandparents, with a baby sitter, even for a few hours once in a while. But since I suspect you have allowed others to watch your infants I am going to go ahead and call this what it is, hypocrisy.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:07 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
Quote:
Why do you assume every mom is a horrible mom? Do you advocate that all moms should give away their kids at birth so others can raise them? Why have mothers at all?

(How many daycares harm kids over and over, leave kids in hot cars, hit kids, force them to fight each other, restrain kids, etc.?)

Amazing how all the moms here believe that all moms are horrible, abusive, crackheads who mistreat and neglect their children.

Who has said anything at all about "all" of any kind of moms? Except you.

Add the word "all" and "every" to the list of words you seem to need clarification on.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:07 AM

554 posts, read 682,996 times
Quote:
And I bet if you asked him who he believes would take better care of his kids, he would say mom, not daycare. The fact that he has no choice is a different matter. The ideas are not tied together.

For instance, you can say, "I fully believe that infants need their moms, but unfortunately, my wife has died and I need a caretaker for my kids."

See? Admit that mom is better but still using daycare. Ideas are not inclusive.
Maybe - but their older one was in school and their infant was in daycare - not because mom was working (she wasn't), but because her symptoms made it hard to give adequate energy to child care. There is no way to make a blanket statement about mom being better than daycare. Sometimes they are sick like my friend. Sometimes they have children that need more stimulation than they are able to provide. And sometimes, they are single moms who have no choice. They could stay home, not work, and go on welfare - would that be better for the child?

Of course babies need their moms - but they have many other needs as well. How can one need trump all the rest combined?

Old 04-05-2017, 10:16 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
Quote:
Why do you assume every mom is a horrible mom? Do you advocate that all moms should give away their kids at birth so others can raise them? Why have mothers at all?

(How many daycares harm kids over and over, leave kids in hot cars, hit kids, force them to fight each other, restrain kids, etc.?)

Amazing how all the moms here believe that all moms are horrible, abusive, crackheads who mistreat and neglect their children.
Really?

Not a single person on here has said that every single mom is a horrible mom or anything else you said. And no one has advocated that moms give kids away at birth so that others can raise them. Where are you getting this stuff?

It's a fact that four out of five child abusers are parents. Does that mean that all mothers are cruel abusers? Of course not. But it does mean that statistically kids at daycare are safer than kids at home. That's NOT an argument for putting all kids in daycare. But it does partly answer your question about how many daycares harm kids: Not nearly as many as parents who harm kids.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:17 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,564 times
Infants/toddlers are babies who won't remember anything when they grow up and will turn into ungrateful teenager and eventually and adult who will become selfish regardless of whether his/her mother stayed home or went to work. too much attention is given to infants need while neglecting the mothers need. Babies don't require much: eat, sleep, & diaper change. Toddlers don't require much: eat, sleep, diaper change & explore

Infants po

Old 04-05-2017, 10:35 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
Quote:
You haven't answered the question. You've defended the CHOICE of daycare, but have not answered: What is better for the INFANT? Mom or daycare?

It's not an ego question. It's a very simple question. That you are still refusing to answer.
I answered. You ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
How could you possibly even know the answer to that question? Some moms are depressed. Some are overwhelmed. Some have other kids to take care of. All if them have mountains of laundry and dishes to do.

One could argue that a child is better off in the arms of a caregiver than in a bouncy seat while mom does dishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I think a child can get the same, or even better care at day care. It depends. Again, it's not black and white.

If nothing else, it is short sighted to think only about this week, this month, or this year. Many working parents do so because they look at the long term big picture. That's not a bad thing.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:42 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Really?

Not a single person on here has said that every single mom is a horrible mom or anything else you said. And no one has advocated that moms give kids away at birth so that others can raise them. Where are you getting this stuff?

It's a fact that four out of five child abusers are parents. Does that mean that all mothers are cruel abusers? Of course not. But it does mean that statistically kids at daycare are safer than kids at home. That's NOT an argument for putting all kids in daycare. But it does partly answer your question about how many daycares harm kids: Not nearly as many as parents who harm kids.
Daycare workers are seldom alone. It's harder to abuse kids when someone else is with you all the time. It's also harder to abuse drugs and alcohol. And if I picked up my child and he had been in a dirty diaper all day, I would have thrown a fit. If a mother treats her baby like that, probably nobody else will know.

It's called oversight.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:47 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,696,519 times
Let me throw this in here before this thread is closed:

From yesterday, in this thread:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=47739970

Quote:
We get a certain X% of salary raise across the board. The manager of the department can give more -- or less -- as tong as the X% is met. Great way to pit employees who actually get along against each other. If you get X% that's the minimum, if you get less than X%, you know they took some away, if you get more than X%, you know you are being rewarded — and also know that your coworkers got screwed because you got a greater raise and then got less than X% to make up for it.

I also worked for a company that told us to do self reviews. My coworker did her self review and choose all the high ranges for whatever the performance statements were. HR sent it back and said she evaluated herself too high and had to do it over, and mark herself lower on the scale. After hearing that. I went to our manager and told her I wasn't going to do the self eval. I mean, really, what was the point if HR was dictating our "self" eval?
And from 1/8/17 in this thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=46758199

Quote:
The larger my VERY profitable company gets, the smaller the bonuses get. But I'm sure the executive level team isn't getting bonuses either, right? Riiiiight ...... during the last two years, I have watched my annual salary decrease as they have whittled away our bonuses to ZERO.
Hmmmm. I guess newtovenice doesn't have any children?

Old 04-05-2017, 11:03 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Who has said anything at all about "all" of any kind of moms? Except you.

Add the word "all" and "every" to the list of words you seem to need clarification on.
Every time I ask a question, I get an example of a horrible, crackhead, narcissistic abusive mom whose kids would have been better off in daycare.

So apparently all kids need to be in daycare because their moms are trash. Go back and read all the responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.