Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 11:00 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times

Advertisements

New poster, Spring Break, come on guys.........

Old 04-02-2017, 11:01 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,705,460 times
Not sure what you mean by physically unattractive. People have different ideas on that, it is subjective. Also, people can change their appearance, even radically, in all sorts of ways. So if they don't like their nose, for example, they can get a nose job. I don't see this as some huge issue these days. Many women, truth be told, don't care much about a man's looks and care more that he is an alpha male who earns money at a stable job.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
New poster, Spring Break, come on guys.........

Old 04-02-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post

Attractiveness is on a spectrum like any other trait, and this is true for males and females. The issue occurs when young men do not pursue women in their "league" so to speak. But even less attractive girls want a nice guy, and there are many less attractive young men, who are not bitter, angry, and resentful.
Yes. This. Some men only pursue very attractive, high maintenance women who spend hundreds a month on their body, face, hair and nails. Then, when rejected by these women, they get bitter and angry. They won't date a sweet, slightly plump librarian who would be loyal and make a good mother.These men would say, "that woman is not good enough for me. I deserve the skinny blond with breast implants who drives a red Corvette and has a lot of exciting drama going on in her life". A lot of mens romance problems are caused by their own refusal to date women who are in their league.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:16 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
I've seen some fairly unattractive people with significant others. I'm sure it is more difficult for them, but it isn't impossible. I agree with the others that it might be your insecurity/desperateness coming through. Get some hobbies, join some clubs. Find people with similar interests, and don't go for the hottest girl in the room.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:50 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
I would bet cash money you are only interested in better than average looking girls. I bet you have never pursued a girl of a similar attractiveness as yourself. This is usually because despite you avowed dislike of your own looks, and your obvious bitterness, you think you are owed a pretty girlfriend. If a less than average looking girl, has many positive qualities, you can't look past her looks.

The irony of these situations is that when young men are accusing young women of being obsessed with looks, it is almost always projection because they are only interested in looks.
This. So much this. I've addressed this countless times in CD-R. "You evil wimmenz only care about hot dudes." says the average-looking bloke hittin' up all the attractive women while ignoring the average or plain Janes they claim "date up." Lol

Old 04-02-2017, 01:07 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
If even the ugly ones won't give you the time of day, the problem isn't your looks.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:12 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,144,961 times
Quote:
I would bet cash money you are only interested in better than average looking girls. I bet you have never pursued a girl of a similar attractiveness as yourself. This is usually because despite you avowed dislike of your own looks, and your obvious bitterness, you think you are owed a pretty girlfriend. If a less than average looking girl, has many positive qualities, you can't look past her looks.

The irony of these situations is that when young men are accusing young women of being obsessed with looks, it is almost always projection because they are only interested in looks.
Bingo!! This a million times over. My nephew and uncle both had this problem. They'd pursue women way above their level and then get mad when they'd get rebuffed. OP could try online dating and reach out to women who were honestly at his "average" level. Someone told my nephew what we thought and he pointed out an "average" girl had had pursued. Turns out his "average" was nowhere close to reality.

I have never known any guy who wasn't able to be in a relationship if that's what he wanted. We live in a society where relationships are still very dependent on the man initiating which is why I know a number of single women who would love to be in a relationship but because of weight or looks have never been asked out.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:03 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit45 View Post
Well one girl whom I had a crush on saw me talking to my Mom, and said we looked alike.

After being repeatedly rejected more times than I can remember (I have NEVER had any romantic interest from anyone) , I can't help but blame her for passing on undesirable features which I so obviously inherited from her.

What guy wants to be told they resemble a woman? Now, had I received some positive feedback regarding my physical looks, I would be eternally grateful for inheriting such features.

Being told you look like your mom does not mean you resemble a woman I look my mom, doesn't mean I look like a woman, but I have her high cheekbones, her brown eyes, her hair texture. Most people consider me good looking. A guy looking like his mom does not mean he is ugly. My sister looks like my dad, and she's pretty. She doesn't look EXACTLY like him not at all but she has a lot of his features.

I take being told I look like my mom as a positive. We had to a presentation in Russian class introducing family members and I showed a picture of my mom explaining in Russian about my family and the professor thought she was my girlfriend, because she is in her 40s yet can pass for late 20s. It was very funny and she was flabbergasted when I corrected her. But there's no reason to be offended by being told you look like your mom. My mother's a beautiful woman, I have no shame in being told I look like her.

Old 04-02-2017, 04:33 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,450,446 times
OP, I'm gonna be blunt here. I feel you need psychological help. Your line of thinking isn't normal or healthy. I dunno what you look like, wouldn't make a difference if you linked a picture of yourself on here or not but it doesn't matter because its not about looks, its about the whole package.

Maybe you're more attractive than you think, maybe you're butt-ugly I dunno but that's not the sole reason why you have trouble with romance. First of all, the way you style your hair, how you dress, and how you carry yourself in general can make a phenomenal difference. But its not all about looks. Lots of ugly guys have hot girlfriends. And no they're not all gold diggers. In many cases there's more than meets the eye and with the billions of people on this planet, there's literally someone for everyone. But romantic interest doesn't just fall on your lap. You can't expect a woman to be attracted to you especially if you don't make an effort yourself.

Also your whole outlook is worrisome. No, I would never tell my son (or daughter) to avoid a co-ed school because they're "ugly." What a horrible thing to say. What kind of parent not only tells their kid they're ugly, but tells them they're too ugly to be in a co-ed school? Thats one sure fire way to mess them up psychologically. Furthermore, stop seeing women in the way you're seeing them. You're putting women on this pedestal and forgetting that they're human too. Its not enough to ask someone out. I'm a good looking guy, I'm gay though. Doesn't mean that if I go to a gay bar and ask someone to date me, that they will. Now there's probably gonna be some guys who would be down for a one night stand but that's not the same as a romantic relationship. Romantic relationships are healthiest when they bloom naturally and mutually. Don't just ask someone out just cuz you want to go out with them and you're taking a crapshoot that they'll say yes, but ask someone out who you're interested in and who is visibly interested in you too.

Lastly, don't be so hard on yourself. Get some confidence, please. I'm positive that that is a bigger deterrence than your appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting