Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 12:59 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,303,849 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: delete

I don't and won't get caught by my kids doing anything like that. I'm too slick and careful. If I did I would be mortified and totally lie about it to them and convince them they were mistaken by what they saw. They'll figure it out on the internet and friends on their own soon enough.

I pity the kid that has to hear or see their parents in the act. My parents did it exactly two times ever only for the sole purpose of creating me and my bro and have been celibate ever since.

It really shouldn't be that hard to not get caught by children. Simple precautions.

I also think there's a big difference between getting caught in the act by a two-three year old and getting caught in the act by a 10+ Year old. The latter has to be horrible for all parties involved no matter how you slice it.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-13-2017 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: a bit under pg 13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 03:07 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
Beds squeak . . . it's not as if I was yodeling and swinging from the chandelier.
Haaa! thanks for the laugh!

Old 04-12-2017, 04:27 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Well, he didn't buy my explanation that it was just a game of Leap Frog, so I told him it is how grownups bond and make babies. The child informed us that we shouldn't do that anymore, since we're done having babies. I told him we have to because it is the law. Really, it was way less mortifying than explaining to my 12 year old son what periods are; at some point he started slowly backing out of the room.
LOL!!! When our oldest caught us, my husband told him we were wrestling.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
My son walked in on us. Dad got flustered. I put on my bathrobe and came out to talk to him. I asked if he knew what that was. He did. I asked if he had any questions or concerns. Isn't Dad heavy? Out of the mouths of babes.
LOLOLOL!

Priceless!

Old 04-12-2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Ideally its always locked when you have kids and are getting frisky. But...hey sometimes ya get carried away in the middle of the night and forget to lock it...or run to the kitchen for the whipped cream and forget on your back in

Oh this thread is cracking me up!

Old 04-12-2017, 04:48 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,527,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
My parents did it exactly two times ever only for the sole purpose of creating me and my bro and have been celibate ever since.

What a coincidence! Same thing happened with my sister & I.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:16 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
Easy way to explain everything = Take them to the Zoo

Old 04-12-2017, 10:00 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned
I don't and won't get caught by my kids doing anything like that. I'm too slick and careful. If I did I would be mortified and totally lie about it to them and convince them they were mistaken by what they saw. They'll figure it out on the internet and friends on their own soon enough.

I pity the kid that has to hear or see their parents in the act. My parents did it exactly two times ever only for the sole purpose of creating me and my bro and have been celibate ever since.

It really shouldn't be that hard to not get caught by children. Simple precautions.

I also think there's a big difference between getting caught in the act by a two-three year old and getting caught in the act by a 10+ Year old. The latter has to be horrible for all parties involved no matter how you slice it.
This attitude is wacky to me. Why would something as totally normal as sex be horrifying? Maybe yah Mom and Dad I don't need to see that. But horrifying? Inducing HORROR? And why on earth would anyone want to remain celibate except to have 2 kids? Sex is normal and healthy.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-13-2017 at 07:17 AM..

Old 04-12-2017, 11:30 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I would tell them we were having sex, an activity that adults enjoy and use to express how much they love one another. I would not make a big deal about it.
This is what my mother did. I walked in more than once. I was a nosey child which I outgrew. Because my parents were honest about sex with me at a very young age, I never had sexual hang ups and didn't go around sleeping with everyone I met. My mother even had a medical book to show me the anatomy of sex. I have siblings that are 4 and 5 years younger so I had a million questions as a 5 year old.

Oh and it's sex not s-e-x. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. And kids can spell waaaaaaaaay more than adults think! I learned how to spell things forwards and backwards starting at 4 years old because people spelled around me so much. Then I started making up my own way of spelling words so I had my own secret language. My mother eventually figured some of it out and we still use it and I'm in my 40's! LOL

Old 04-12-2017, 05:12 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,242,173 times
Remember talking to a Nigerian coworker who explained that back there they didn't have separate rooms and was often multi-generational under the same roof. They obviously didn't have the same shame about it or there wouldn't be additional generations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting