U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:10 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
Who gets enough child support to cover All the things the child/needs and wants?. With the custodial parent not having to pay anything. I use to get $123 a month. I told my story a few pages back.

Anyways, My son likes to play sports .The cost for each sport in public school is $120. Plus shoes,water bottles, bag to carry your gear , gas money to get them to and from practice five days a week etc.
Lets talk about what the custodial parents does for a child compared to the person who just puts a check in the mail once a month. Who do you think has the harder job!!!!
I could go on and on but I need to help my son with his homework!
AMEN!!! I got 150.00 which didnt cover squat!!!! I didnt have a nice car or clothes, my son came first, too bad his biological dad didnt feel the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwyzsmilin View Post
I went through all of this with my ex. He still owes close to FIFTY THOUSAND. It's ridiculous! They went after my current hubby because they felt he should have been paying ONE DOLLAR more a week, so rather than just calling or sending a letter saying pay another dollar they took us to court. (He was behind about $200 due to a car accident.)We had to hire an attorney and jump through all kinds of hoops. We ended up with a c ourt appointed Attorney who gave us the wrong court date, (I have the phone message saved) we were supposed to be there on a Monday, he told us Wednesday, so they actually issued a warrant for his arrest and then because we didn't show when we were scheduled, they are making us pay the attorney fees too! ALL FOR A DOLLAR MORE A WEEK!!! It seems like they go after those they can find just to pad their numbers. It makes me furious! And then the mom doesn't even use the money for his daughter, she uses it on her hair and nails and new clothes. It's just not right!

If you have proof that she is using for herself, you can ask her to document it and take her to court. I know again the c word!! But it isnt right for her to use it for herself.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I think the kid came from two parents so it is both parents' responsibility to provide for that child. Child support should be used for anything the child spends/needs but that doesn't mean that it must cover 100% of every dime "used" by the child. You may not be able to measure electricity and water and those things but if the custodial parent wasn't using that also, they would both be homeless so, come on, you should not expect the non-custodial parent to cover all and it's not the kid's fault so everybody has to contribute and hopefully he/she will grow to become a productive, responsible human being.
I never siad it should cover all, but part!! 150.00 doesnt cover squat for a child, my son ate more than that a month, which left me footing the bill for everything else, I covered the medical, he got the tax rightoff, I cover school, and sports and daycare and clothes and movies and vacations and everything else. Yet dad was able to get a smaller place and save some money and get a new car and new clothes, meanwhile I worked two jobs and had 350.00 in childcare costs a month.

Old 12-12-2006, 11:59 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,575,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I never siad it should cover all, but part!! 150.00 doesnt cover squat for a child, my son ate more than that a month, which left me footing the bill for everything else, I covered the medical, he got the tax rightoff, I cover school, and sports and daycare and clothes and movies and vacations and everything else. Yet dad was able to get a smaller place and save some money and get a new car and new clothes, meanwhile I worked two jobs and had 350.00 in childcare costs a month.
I know, I know. There is really no way to add up what a child really costs.
I had a good deal with my son's father all in all and everything worked out really well - UNTIL it came time to put up all the really big bucks and pay his share of college. I made up for everything he didn't. If on the other hand, his father, had disappeared and wasn't around to fill out any financial aid forms, I probably could have saved a lot because there would have been more in terms of grants, etc. The people who review financial aid packets don't give a hoot about what either parent says. They just assign an amount and that's it. But.... what can you do. We give birth to them and we turn our lives upside down so they can have a chance at life too.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,735 times
Unhappy Attorney General Of Texas Sucks

The Attorney General Of Texas Sucks Because The Never Get Their Stories Straight And They Have No Clue About Your Case. You Go Through To Many People That Do Not Know A Thing And Give Yo The Run Around. I Have Been Paying My Ex Child Suort And He Makes 5 Times The Amount Of Money That I Make. My Son Does Without And I Am Loosing Everything I Have Becasue His Low Life Sperm Donor Has Nothing To Do With Him Or His Brothers And I Instead Have To Pay For His Mistakes. My Youngest Is A Senior In High School And He Is Doing Without Because I Am A Single White Mother Doing Without And Living With My Parents To Make It And Still Can't Pay For His Senior Memories. The Attorney General Does Nothing To Help You They Just Pretend To Make You Feel Better. I Am Still Waiting On My Complaint Form From Requesting One 3 Months Ago. Yeah Go Ahead And Support Your Attorney General And Make Him Rick While You Do Without. That's A True Texan.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:12 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,435,715 times
I wonder if all the posters on here receiving 150-200/month is because the state that they live in... I live in Missouri, and my husband (who makes only 30k/yr) pays almost 500.00 a month for his 7 year old son. I don't know how everyone else is getting away with only paying 150-200 a month. That seems awful low.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
I wonder if all the posters on here receiving 150-200/month is because the state that they live in... I live in Missouri, and my husband (who makes only 30k/yr) pays almost 500.00 a month for his 7 year old son. I don't know how everyone else is getting away with only paying 150-200 a month. That seems awful low.
This was in Oregon, he would fight the system. he would quit his job and claim to them he couldnt afford to pay, then start working again and keep doing that, at the lowest it was 84.00 a month and he was working part time. the highest was 350.00 but only for a few months, sometimes no money at all. My husband now jokes because he makes 80,000.00 a year and we have three kids in the home he would be in big trouble!!! So he will never divorce me!!!!

Old 12-13-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
This was in Oregon, he would fight the system. he would quit his job and claim to them he couldnt afford to pay, then start working again and keep doing that, at the lowest it was 84.00 a month and he was working part time. the highest was 350.00 but only for a few months, sometimes no money at all. My husband now jokes because he makes 80,000.00 a year and we have three kids in the home he would be in big trouble!!! So he will never divorce me!!!!
Jeez. I guess my husband is being honest about his income then. They have it automatically taken outta his check, and he claims every raise so the son gets more money. Not much.. but with every raise they increase it a tad as well. What drives me crazy is the fact that we pay as much in child support as the mother works. She works part time at the mall making 6 something an hour. I try to even help her budget, and apply for different jobs.. but she said that she can't work nights, weekends or holidays. Can't do much for that..haha. Most places, you have to start working the crap shifts, then get the good shifts when you have established yourself there. But she didn't want to do that. Oh well.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
Jeez. I guess my husband is being honest about his income then. They have it automatically taken outta his check, and he claims every raise so the son gets more money. Not much.. but with every raise they increase it a tad as well. What drives me crazy is the fact that we pay as much in child support as the mother works. She works part time at the mall making 6 something an hour. I try to even help her budget, and apply for different jobs.. but she said that she can't work nights, weekends or holidays. Can't do much for that..haha. Most places, you have to start working the crap shifts, then get the good shifts when you have established yourself there. But she didn't want to do that. Oh well.
Well withhim being honest and wanting to support his child, she really needs to make an effort to do so as well. Thereare jobs out there that are full time. I worked two and had to pay child care costs. Does your husband have him on the weekends? Maybe say you will take him every weekend so she can work those, my dad did that for my mom.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Well withhim being honest and wanting to support his child, she really needs to make an effort to do so as well. Thereare jobs out there that are full time. I worked two and had to pay child care costs. Does your husband have him on the weekends? Maybe say you will take him every weekend so she can work those, my dad did that for my mom.
That would work, except she moved him 2+ hours away from us, and she is actually in training the Air Force so he is living with her mom while she is away.
He actually really doesn't want partial custody (I don't want lectures on that.. its a loooong story and its not going to change) Even if he did.. its two different courts to go through that. You have custody battle and child support battle that would have to be done. Its costly. We have ourselves budgeted on our income.. and one day she will have to grow up and do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or