U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 12:44 PM

5,409 posts, read 1,935,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Where are you getting these prices. Amazon has 10 for $12.79.

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Birdse...SY3GE287XRXK04
This was about 3 years ago and I never saw a cloth diaper under $20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 05:55 PM

12,763 posts, read 7,200,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
under twenty dollars:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...9aACCE8&adurl=

twenty dollars:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...9aACCD0&adurl=

I don't think the baby is going to care that they are the 'leaves' collection, though!

Old 02-07-2018, 06:53 AM

3,732 posts, read 2,911,655 times
Quote:
I cloth diapered 15 years ago and you could always buy prefolds super cheap. You weren't looking in the right places. If you didn't cloth diaper and weren't interested in cloth diapering, you probably had no reason to seek out the best deal, which is why you've never seen a cloth diaper under $20.

It's okay if you don't want to cloth diaper for any reason. It really makes little difference in the grand scheme of things. But "cloth diapers are all over $20" is simply incorrect.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:21 AM

631 posts, read 313,556 times
It was expensive when I did it, but cost wasn't my reason for doing it so I went with the easiest and cutest diapers. Mostly Grovias. And I was part time with my older 2, full time with my youngest because his skin reacted badly to most disposables.

My cousin is prepping for this with her first and it's a big output of $, but if you consider that she wants a few kids and she can reuse them over and over (cost IS important to her)...in the long run, it's cheaper than disposables for multiple children. I'm going to buy a bunch for her...wish I hadn't sold mine so long ago (my youngest is 7 though and has been out of diapers for 5 years...they are long gone).

Old 02-07-2018, 01:53 PM

24,257 posts, read 58,527,419 times
The big plus of cloth diapers is when your kids grow up you have a lifetime supply of rags for working on cars and other messy jobs.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:10 AM

12,153 posts, read 14,249,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I know these are coming back into favor, for reasons of expense and ecology. My DIL is considering using them, but we don't know much about the options.

I do not have any fond memories of cloth diapering my babies and then dragging the diapers to the laundromat to wash. The invention of Pampers was a gift from heaven, when I was a young mother.

Anyway, for those of you who have used the cloth diapering system for a baby or two, what does someone need to know?
We used cloth diapers for all 4 of our babies.
3 dozen proved to be the perfect amount to have.
After 2 dozen were used I'd wash them and hang them to dry...by the time I ran out of the last dozen the others were dry.
I thought I liked paper diapers when we were given some after the babe was born, but we found the cloth to be so much softer and much much cheaper as the 3 dozen diapers lasted the life of the child...and then onto shop rags.
I couldn't imagine paying for diapers....waste of money.
It's not hard to use cloth, and you do get used to using them.
We cut flannel sheets into squares for our diapers...I never liked the pre folded ones some people gave to us because it takes them 5 times as long to dry, and we didn't have a dryer back then.
Course if you're into daycare then you'll have to go paper I'm thinking.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:17 AM

10,412 posts, read 3,085,073 times
I'm a parent of two and I couldn't imagine using cloth diapers! Personally I think it's gross, but that's just my opinion. I also think the cloth option is more expensive, but to be honest I never looked into it as it just wasn't something I was going to consider. Both of my girls were potty trained by 2 anyway. I think it's just one' preference and it's fine which ever you choose!

Old 02-16-2018, 08:03 PM

3,918 posts, read 5,045,476 times
Quote:
I cloth diapered from 2013-2015. It depends what kind of cloth diapers you want. I did the cheap prefolds with covers. The covers were as high as $20 for name brand but as low as $3 for a "China cheapie". Generally, the same cover could be used most of the day with just the prefold underneath changed.

With that said, we reverted to disposables when my 3rd child was born (my boys were 1 and 2, so still in diapers) for the sake of my sanity.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:28 AM

17,278 posts, read 11,006,955 times
Mike Rowe does diaper duty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZOUFJ-p0g

Old 02-24-2018, 07:30 AM

84,288 posts, read 97,426,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
We used cloth diapers for all 4 of our babies.
3 dozen proved to be the perfect amount to have.
After 2 dozen were used I'd wash them and hang them to dry...by the time I ran out of the last dozen the others were dry.
I thought I liked paper diapers when we were given some after the babe was born, but we found the cloth to be so much softer and much much cheaper as the 3 dozen diapers lasted the life of the child...and then onto shop rags.
I couldn't imagine paying for diapers....waste of money.
It's not hard to use cloth, and you do get used to using them.
We cut flannel sheets into squares for our diapers...I never liked the pre folded ones some people gave to us because it takes them 5 times as long to dry, and we didn't have a dryer back then.
Course if you're into daycare then you'll have to go paper I'm thinking.
Good to know. I have a "niece" who is due in April who wants to use cloth. I'll let her know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting