Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who was Wrong?
Manager 10 5.08%
Mother 67 34.01%
Couple 63 31.98%
Both Manager and Mother? 77 39.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:57 PM

6,607 posts, read 2,806,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
And i get that not everyone loves kids or loves my kids but so what? I'm not sure why people are bothering to use that defense. If you don't like loud kids and you find yourself around them then maybe you should be the one to leave if you can't deal. Of all the things going on in the world loud babies should be the least of anyones trouble. Get a life.
No way! I didn't 'sign up' for someone else's screaming child, OR for that noisy neighbor dog (both real life situations by neighbors on both sides of me) that barks constantly for nor other reason than to annoy others! No, it's not the child or the dog at fault but it sure as heck is the fault of the parent or the dog owner who simply assumes that others MUST tolerate those for which THEY are responsible. There is absolutely no reason I can think of why I have to put up with something that I didn't sign up for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 10:59 PM

10,314 posts, read 5,494,000 times
Quote:
Again you don't know that they drag the baby everywhere.

What if it were on an airplane and no one can remove themselves from the situation? Why not just ban kids under 5 from planes so no one has to listen to them.
If it were on an airplane then we would be having a different conversation. However, that is completely irrelevant to this conversation.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:00 PM

15,935 posts, read 20,899,784 times
Quote:
Again you don't know that they drag the baby everywhere.

What if it were on an airplane and no one can remove themselves from the situation? Why not just ban kids under 5 from planes so no one has to listen to them.
We aren't talking about an airplane.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:16 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,298,137 times
An airplane is worse in my opinion. I could actually see someone leaving a note saying, thanks for letting your kid ruin my flight. At least at a restaurant they can get up and leave if they're that bothered.

Didnt sign up for It? Too bad. I've had plenty of times in restaurants or anywhere really where I've felt bothered by people or kids. Oh well.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:31 PM

3,125 posts, read 2,995,613 times
I don't care if it's McDonald's...I don't want to hear a baby shriek and scream the entire time that I'm eating. Of course, babies make baby noises...but if it's getting out of hand, it's the parents' job to do something about the situation. I remember my mom taking my little brother out to the car many times when I was younger (he's 6 years younger than I am) while my dad and I finished out meal and boxed hers up to go.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:33 PM

3,125 posts, read 2,995,613 times
Quote:
An airplane is worse in my opinion. I could actually see someone leaving a note saying, thanks for letting your kid ruin my flight. At least at a restaurant they can get up and leave if they're that bothered.

Didnt sign up for It? Too bad. I've had plenty of times in restaurants or anywhere really where I've felt bothered by people or kids. Oh well.
True...but looking at it from the flip side, there are situations in which parents don't really have a choice but to fly with their kids, but people pretty much always have alternatives to dining in at a restaurant (including getting take-out). And just as other patrons can't leave if they're bothered, the parents *can't* take the child outside like they can at a restaurant.

Last edited by lkmax; 08-18-2017 at 12:50 AM..

Old 08-18-2017, 01:17 AM

3,532 posts, read 2,984,610 times
She recreated the letter? Where's the original version?
Why didn't the table asked to be moved? Why would they give her a note instead of saying something?
Sounds fishy.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:32 AM

10,819 posts, read 7,184,193 times
She "recreated" the note? What did it really say? Maybe it was very polite, with helpful suggestions on calming a noisy child.
Then she posts it to facebook, trying to make herself look like a victim.

We're only seeing the mom's "recreated" version of what happened. I think she knows she shouldn't have let the kid annoy other diners, and is trying to make the complainers look like the villains. "Mom" seems like a real piece of work.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:34 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,515,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Most parents are considerate enough of other diners to take their screaming baby outside.
^^^ This ^^^

Old 08-18-2017, 02:47 AM

18,438 posts, read 18,546,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
^^^ This ^^^
what a polite person would do.. seems this mother likes an audience .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting