Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2017, 09:07 AM

173 posts, read 134,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
You are the parent. End this relationship nonsense. This whole thing is ridiculous. You CAN monitor what your own son is doing...during school not as much but you can do what you can..

Stop interactions with the family as well. The whole thing is just bizarre.
They were not telling the entire truth. After speaking to my husband things make more sense. He still wants us to just monitor things closely but let it come to an end by itself. I'm still not sure but in the meantime I'll be getting help for my son, getting him more involved and meeting others and will be there to end things if anything happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's really not on your list of things to worry about right now, OP. You can just ignore certain inflammatory posts.

Yep.

Please make the counseling appointment TODAY.
I will. Not the other boys fault but this cab only be harmful to my son. I'm sure he'd rather talk to someone else than his mom (who hates his poor boyfriend)

Old 09-05-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in place View Post
I just hope for the sake of your whole family, that your husband does not end up with a sudden education in the law.
He doesn't think it was consensual. My awful English has just confused everyone. The boy thought it was consensual. My husband was saying that the boy thought it was consensual.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:38 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,141,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftSleepyKitten View Post
I know that is why it is in quotes. Just from the POV of this boy. My husband doesn't think that.

It is too bad that the boy does not have the information he needs to make choices. In the eyes of the law, what this boy "thinks" is irrelevant.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:30 AM

4,578 posts, read 5,633,116 times
Quote:
My son is 15 and has to my knowledge never been in a relationship before.
He told us he liked boys a year ago but even after that didn't try to date anyone. And we have been supportive. I have nothing against homosexuality although if I'm honest I wish he wasn't.

Now he has told me how he thought boy at our church was really cute and interesting. I always thought it would be unlikely he'd be gay too so I wasn't too worried.

Despite the unlikeliness it looks like he is and is also interested in my son.
My son told me they were dating a week ago and I really want to put an end to it.
The other boy's parents don't really share our beliefs/morals. I wouldn't trust them to oversee the two of them properly. The boy is also way too young at only 12 and my son's friends are pretty against it too.

What would you do?
Regardless of the sexual preferences, 12 is WAAAY too young to be dating ANYONE, and his parents can't "consent" for him without also being a party to molestation. Look at the sexual molestation laws in your state -- any romantic gestures towards the 12 years old (such as a kiss, or fondling) could get your son labeled as a sex offender. That is NOT what he wants to carry through adulthood with him!!

Honestly, I'd seriously consider some sort of counseling for your son. He may be truly gay, and if that's the case, so be it -- but going after boys 3 years younger who are probably prepubescent raises a lot of red flags for me, and really feels like it's creeping into the pedophile territory.

Last edited by dblackga; 09-05-2017 at 10:39 AM..

Old 09-05-2017, 12:29 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,958,007 times
Quote:
Not being gay but dating a 12 year old. Most of his friends do think that is a little weird and that is too young as well. Mostly they tease rather than being serious but it is still disturbing.

I'm curious, does the 12 yr. old come across as more sexually experienced than your son?

And to the person who said 12 yr. olds are innocent...well some are. Maybe a lot of them are. But...I wouldn't bank on ALL 12 yr. olds being innocent.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:43 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,210,738 times
Quote:
They were not telling the entire truth. After speaking to my husband things make more sense. He still wants us to just monitor things closely but let it come to an end by itself. I'm still not sure but in the meantime I'll be getting help for my son, getting him more involved and meeting others and will be there to end things if anything happens.
I had 3 teenage sons. NONE. ZERO. NADA of them wanted to hang out with a 12 yr old at 15. NONE.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:02 PM

No I do not think my son is a pedophile as implied in the previous posts.
I think most teens would find it hard to resist someone throwing themselves at them; inundating them with compliments and attention; especially if they were not used to it.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:16 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,958,007 times
It might be the 12 yr. old is more sexually experienced than your son. And maybe that's what your son is drawn to.

The 12 yr. old might've been molested at some point. Lots of times, kids that have been sexually molested and/or abused act out sexually and act provocatively.

I suggest that because you were saying the 12 yr. old creeps you out a little. Perhaps this is why?

Old 09-05-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
It might be the 12 yr. old is more sexually experienced than your son. And maybe that's what your son is drawn to.

The 12 yr. old might've been molested at some point. Lots of times, kids that have been sexually molested and/or abused act out sexually and act provocatively.

I suggest that because you were saying the 12 yr. old creeps you out a little. Perhaps this is why?
He has - I explained in the previous posts. He was raped by someone he thought was his boyfriend.
Maybe I had a sixth sense... I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting