Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 12:08 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,235,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am guessing the one you "get along" with less well would starve on the difference.
Whatever you want to think my dear. I've done my job for you today. Find "somebody" new to castigate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 12:10 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,157,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Whatever you want to think my dear. I've done my job for you today. Find "somebody" new to castigate.
I am not castigating anyone. I am disagreeing with your post that preferring one child over another is normal and fine.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I am not castigating anyone. I am disagreeing with your post that preferring one child over another is normal and fine.
It absolutely is normal and fine because we are all human beings. That's why we aren't friends with everyone we meet. Because complimenting personalities is a real thing. For the last time, to make sure you understand - the fact that ODS have more in common AND that YDS has more in common with DH - doesn't undermine the strength of our family unity.

My mother gets along better with my sister over me. Do I care? NO. Why? Because it makes sense. My mother and I clash. My sister and my mother compliment. My mom is there when I need her and I'm there for my mom when she needs me. I don't really care if my mom prefers to have a coffee with my sister over me.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
It absolutely is normal and fine because we are all human beings. That's why we aren't friends with everyone we meet. Because complimenting personalities is a real thing. For the last time, to make sure you understand - the fact that ODS have more in common AND that YDS has more in common with DH - doesn't undermine the strength of our family unity.
I understand perfectly. I just don't agree that friendship type analogies make sense where parenting kids are concerned. It is not a friendship relationship. If it is working fine for you, rock it. Your other posts over time don't seem to indicate that. But whatever. Maybe those issues are resolved. I would not be super satisfied with my parenting if one of my kids were somehow better or more compatible in my eyes than the other. It just is not what I am FOR as a mother. YMMV.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I understand perfectly. I just don't agree that friendship type analogies make sense where parenting kids are concerned. It is not a friendship relationship. If it is working fine for you, rock it. Your other posts over time don't seem to indicate that. But whatever. Maybe those issues are resolved. I would not be super satisfied with my parenting if one of my kids were somehow better or more compatible in my eyes than the other. It just is not what I am FOR as a mother. YMMV.
What other posts would those be?

Neither of my children are better than the other. It would be simply amazing if you could actually stick to what I said instead of putting your own little spin on it.

I also quite enjoy the way you snip my posts...

Old 09-18-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
What other posts would those be?

Neither of my children are better than the other. It would be simply amazing if you could actually stick to what I said instead of putting your own little spin on it.

I also quite enjoy the way you snip my posts...
Snipping is a very common means of highlighting specifically what is being responded to. I am glad you enjoy the clarity that it provides.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Snipping is a very common means of highlighting specifically what is being responded to. I am glad you enjoy the clarity that it provides.
Oh I do.

Now, what other posts are you alluding to?

Or are you going to conveniently ignore that part of the post as well?

Old 09-18-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Oh I do.

Now, what other posts are you alluding to?

Or are you going to conveniently ignore that part of the post as well?
I would venture a guess that you have an inclination of what you have posted over the years. Feel free to google them. Cheers.

Old 09-18-2017, 01:15 PM

4,640 posts, read 11,903,321 times
I am mom to 3 grown sons (no daughters). None are married yet. All have been involved in committed relationships.

I just want whomever they marry to make them happy so I can die in peace. I also realize that their relationships will come first. It really doesn't matter if I like the girl or not. It's not my call.

As much as I love my sons, I do have my own life. And it's pretty amazing if I do say so myself. I want them to have their own lives, too. The "worship" talk is just strange to me.

As it turns out, most of the girls they've brought home share at least one similarity with me; but, aren't we all more alike than different anyway?

Old 09-18-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I would venture a guess that you have an inclination of what you have posted over the years. Feel free to google them. Cheers.
I knew you'd write something like this. Don't bring stuff up if you can't back it up. LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting