Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 10:31 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,033,453 times

Advertisements

Do you own or rent??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 02:22 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,116,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immy View Post
Oh my gosh! Do you live in the same NJ town as I do?
Ugh! It's hard, right? They're probably all the same. LOL But I have given up trying to make friends so my son will have someone to invite over. I never really had people over when I was a kid and don't remember being in other kids' houses all the time so I think it's ok. But we were all out playing all the time and that certainly isn't happening here. And I can already see that people form their little societies and if you don't do all the same things the kids will not be hanging out. Church people with church people, baseball with baseball. It's just weird. I got along with someone I met through the preschool, the kids really got along, nice people. And she said one day, "Oh. I wish you went to my church." Because that's who she hangs out with all.the.time. and there isn't room for anything else. We go to the park and hope for other kids to be there and in the summer I send him to a camp where there's a lot of free play and hope that's enough. He joined the scouts too and maybe he'll make some relationships there. Hopefully!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting