Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 10:53 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,878,349 times

Advertisements

My family, except for one aunt, were never lip kissers. When we went to see her family for holidays, it was always a quick lip peck and then a surreptitious lip wipe just because it was weird (and she tended to leave bright orange lipstick behind).

I personally think it is weird to kiss your kids on the lips FOR ME, but I don't think there's anything inappropriate about it unless there is a particular reason it's inappropriate (open mouth, insisting on kisses, too frequent, etc).

I come from a very non-touchy family. I hug my kids maybe once a quarter. I actually tried to kiss my son on the cheek the other day and he shied away and said, "Mommmm.. What are you doooing?" We laughed about it and moved on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 04:44 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,643,160 times
I kiss my son (3rd grade) on the lips sometimes. Been doing it since last year, 2nd grade. Sometimes we rub noses with each other too. I'm enjoying these moments because I know they won't last!!

We do it at home, not in public. If anyone ever saw us, it may LOOK gross, but to us (the people who are doing it), I enjoy our closeness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting