Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 01:33 PM

772 posts, read 1,059,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry1234 View Post
Normal infant garments fit children measuring 5 - 7lbs. Many infants will exceed infant attire in an initial couple of weeks. Keep it straightforward and purchase object free rudiments like this essential short-sleeve bodysuit.

Infants will wear different outfits a day in view of muddled victories and spit ups. The quantity of pieces you truly require relies upon what number of heaps of clothing you need to do a day. Here's a fundamental agenda:

Bodysuits (4 to 6)

One-pieces (4 to 6)

Shirts (4 to 6)

Long jeans (2 to 4 sets)

Outfits (2)

Rest Sacks (1 to 2)

Tops (1 to 2)

Socks or booties (4 to 6 sets)

This is way too many clothes in Newborn size (I assume that what OP means for 5 - 7 lbs). My baby was born this past June and I can categorically say that I didnt buy anything in Newborn size. The smallest size i bought were 0 - 3 months and still not as many as this list. And most definitely no jeans, shirts. All my kids have lived in one piece sleepers.. I love those things.. And then later it they lived in onesies from around 4-6 months when I didnt worry so much about how cold it was for them. I think I bought 6 sleepers and 6 onesies, cotton elastic waist pants. Thankfully she doesnt spit up and has only had one poop explosion in her life.. So she often wears one outfit for the whole day.. My other kids had way more accidents as babies so way more changes and laundry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 01:39 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,806,034 times
Way too much clothing for a newborn. I only used a few different sleepers. I didn't see a need to try to dress her in little pants or cutesy outfits. I dressed her for efficiency and her comfort.

Around 3 months she started wearing onesies. She's 9 months now and I've only just recently started dressing her in shorts over her onesie when we go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Zip-up sleepers (so much better than trying to get all of those snaps lined up)
This. The zippered ones were so much easier.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:38 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,327,622 times
Blankets are not safe for newborns, you need a "baby snuggie" or sleeper there other names. Its pretty much a fleece onsie and amazing.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:40 AM

797 posts, read 238,498 times
Two-piece pyjamas were a favourite of mine when my kids were babies. No snaps, no buttons, no zippers, no messing around with tiny little legs and arms, trying to bully them down the sleeves and legs of one-piece sleepers, and though I had one-piece sleepers on-hand and regularly used them, I almost always reached for the two-piece version when dressing/changing.

I bought most everything (clothing related) a size larger for grow-room and baby's comfort. They just sleep and lay when they're little, so proper fit isn't key.

Add to the list, t-shirts and socks, and baby needs little more.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:05 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
My daughter was too long (24") when she was born to fit in any of the sleepers we had been given, not even the ones 0-3 months. Luckily she was a late spring baby and she lived in onesies and socks.

I think your list is going to be heavily dependent on location and time of year, but yes, dump the jeans and add more socks. You'd surprised how often they get poop on their socks. Somedays I would go through 3 pairs of socks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting