Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 10:23 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,051,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
This post was never re adoption... one poster turned it into that by complaining that I'm the one who brought up adoption is trauma. This post had zero to do with that but as happens sometimes people will try to make something into what it isn't to suit their agenda
Like posting about a situation 1000x rarer than martian hen's teeth just to complain about entitlement in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 10:45 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Like posting about a situation 1000x rarer than martian hen's teeth just to complain about entitlement in general?
Okay, next time I see an article on Martian hen teeth I'll let you know

Old 10-16-2017, 10:47 AM

1,065 posts, read 597,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Exactly my point!

This same poster went on a veritable tirade against adoption under most circumstances. I chose not to get involved because I am tired of arguing with the "Anti-Adoption" crowd

Now this.
Pro-ethical adoption is not the same as anti- adoption.

Since the fertility situation was brought up along with adoption, and the two have nothing to do with each other, it was worthwhile reminding others of this fact.

Further, using ones infertility as justification for adoption is actually not ethical but this thread is not about that.

Anyway, your viewpoints have merit, and I appreciate you knowing the difference between pro-ethical adoption and anti-adoption.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:56 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,611,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Since the fertility situation was brought up along with adoption, and the two have nothing to do with each other, it was worthwhile reminding others of this fact.

They don't? I beg to differ. From the "demand" side of the equation, fertility (or lack thereof) is often the catalyst of the process that transforms "a childless woman" into "an adoptive mother."

But, be that as it may, I don't have particular heartburn over the OP's bringing up this subject, regardless of how rare it is. After all, life is full of situations that spark opinions. However, the solution to this particular situation is so blindingly obvious that it seems strange to me to bring it up at all. If the OP is ever approached by someone with a large stable of babies brought about by IVF, and she (the OP) doesn't want to lend assistance, all she needs to do is say "no." End of problem.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:01 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,611,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Exactly my point!

This same poster went on a veritable tirade against adoption under most circumstances. I chose not to get involved because I am tired of arguing with the "Anti-Adoption" crowd

Now this.
I don't blame you for holding your tongue. It's pretty clear that the poster in question is not interested in the views of adoptive parents.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:02 AM

1,065 posts, read 597,121 times
Well, keep on begging. Adoption is not what we want, it's about providing homes for children who need them, and no child asks if their potential parents are fertile. Anyway, agree, anyone can say no to babysitting.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:36 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,696,046 times
Quote:
Jc all this post was regarding entitlement
Bottom line: Yes, you have an entitled attitude; feeling somehow put-upon by parents of multiples from any source.

You should improve society by acting less entitled.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:27 PM

173 posts, read 134,706 times
Quote:
I sympathize and get how sometimes new parents could use a hand. What rubbed me the wrong way are these couples who already have wealth and choose the route of fertility treatment knowing the chance of having up to six kids at a time and then after the fact when they have five or six kids expect teams of neighbors and church members and old tired relatives to do massive baby duty- feeding bottles to three at a time, marathon diaper changing, all nite cry a thons etc...I just think so entitled... I saw one documentary where the grandma who was maybe 70 was so frazzled and tired and finally broke down and cried she couldn't do it anymore and was leaving for a while to take a break.
Is it me or is this just kind of a selfish entitled and very inconsiderate move to put all that off on others, especially tired out older relatives or siblings who already have a family of their own to care for???
I know right *monday*. Maybe they should put some up for adoption

Old 10-16-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I don't blame you for holding your tongue. It's pretty clear that the poster in question is not interested in the views of adoptive parents.
Adult equivalent of covering ears saying "la la la I can't hear you" because as was already pointed out (it shouldn't have to be pointed out anyways since his thread had 0 zero and nada to do with adoption. Seems like those who disagree with my thread on a totally different subject re adoption as trauma are using this thread to continue arguing about adoption.
This. Has. 0. To. Do. With. Adoption- or adoptive parents....how hard is that??

Old 10-16-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftSleepyKitten View Post
I know right *monday*. Maybe they should put some up for adoption
I guess if you think so..let's hurry and get those kids skedaddled off to adoption agency
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting