Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 02:26 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times

Advertisements

I would see it as disturbing behavior and would try to get it stopped, ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 02:32 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qxtsang76 View Post
My boyfriend's 7 year old son spanks other girl's butts. He knows he's not supposed to do this.. we've told him several times it's bad, yet he still does it.
Spank HIS butt.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:55 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
OP, you haven't given us much information. Where does this occur? Is he doing this at school? If so, how does his teacher handle it? Does he also have ODD in school? Does he defy the teachers? If so, you have a serious problem. If he's able to control himself in school, it means he can control himself anywhere, anytime. It's just you and his dad he chooses to be ODD with. How long have you been with the dad? Is the ODD a new behavior, since your arrival in the boy's picture?

It should be clear to you by now that simply telling him that spanking girls is bad isn't enough. I don't even think denying computer privileges, or TV, or whatever his favorite activity is, will be enough. Have you ever seen the Supernanny shows? I'm thinking that a time out in a designated "naughty chair" in the corner could work. Kids seem to REALLY hate that! Some cry and scream. It seems to work; eventually they learn to avoid behaviors that get them in the chair. It's worth a shot. Repeat as needed, until the kid changes his behavior for the better.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:16 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qxtsang76 View Post
My boyfriend's 7 year old son spanks other girl's butts. He knows he's not supposed to do this.. we've told him several times it's bad, yet he still does it. If anyone has suggestions on how we can explain why this is bad for him to do, it would greatly be appreciated.

A good butt spanking for him does help explaining. Gosh, people. Have some common sense.

It was a sport for us girls back in the day to kick boys in the nuts. We did not get counseling. We did not get pills. We did not get a diagnosis. We got told to not do it. We did it again. Got a spanking by our parents and never did it again.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:14 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I would see it as disturbing behavior and would try to get it stopped, ASAP.

+1 No excuses when it comes to hitting! The boy needs help.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:28 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Someone encouraged him the first time or two he did it - and I'm not talking about the girls.

Probably adults (maybe even his dad?) laughing and saying how cute and precocious he was. Of course he probably likes getting the girls all flustered too - so a lot of positive and negative attention will make this difficult to break. At the very least, no adult should even crack a smile when he does this (a total mixed message and the roots of the old "boys will be boys" message) and immediately put him in time outs to start and becoming more severe if it continues.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:41 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
A good butt spanking for him does help explaining. Gosh, people. Have some common sense.

It was a sport for us girls back in the day to kick boys in the nuts. We did not get counseling. We did not get pills. We did not get a diagnosis. We got told to not do it. We did it again. Got a spanking by our parents and never did it again.
Exactly! I agree! The sad thing is that these days parents are told not to spank their little darlings and these days, even kids can get charged with sexual assault.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:54 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,271 times
My nephew went through a really embarrassing phase albeit much younger, around age 4 when he would look at a woman present ( cashier at grocery store, friend, even me once) would smile and say "boobies!!" His parents would discourage it **but here and there would kind of chuckle, hat gave him more attention but after a while not sure how he stopped as much older than that and people would no longer think it was funny! Sometimes parents unknowingly give some sort of attention that can encourage repeats of unwanted behavior.. not saying at all is the case w you.. it's sometimes a subtle thing a parent isn't really aware they're doing to give attention to it..maybe make sure you have a poker face- no angry look or sigh, or raised eyebrows smirk/ smile etc, just a bored poker face, without further ado take his hand and in a monotone firm voice tell him "you spanked her, now you have to go home ( or sit on bench or not watch tv- etc, whatever will show him spanking means not only do I not get attention, I also can't do fun things.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:44 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,877,050 times
Yeah you should totally hit kids to teach them not to hit...

Sigh...

I was being sarcastic if anyone was wondering.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:08 PM

439 posts, read 345,378 times
Eat a well balanced organic whole foods diet and ensure he has plenty of regular exercise.
In a manner which appeals to him (cycling, playing soccer, etc)
Food is medicine. Funny how behaviors tone down when kids are not fed more drugs via their food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting