U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 05:18 PM

12,665 posts, read 18,894,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Oh, the parents had a say. I've hosted many baby showers and everything was run past the mother-to-be. I certainly wouldn't have come up with a cockamamie idea like that on my own.
Maybe maybe not. I had two baby showers and they were both complete surprises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 12:51 PM

817 posts, read 422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Slightly Off Topic (But Funny)

I foster/adopted my Son, he was 9 year old when I foster/adopted him. Some of my office mates through me a "Baby" (Kid) shower. The person who was through it, thought everyone knew he was 9 years old (and would be there).

Seem one my "Indirect" managers didnot know gift was for 9 year old "Baby" got him a real nice BABY onesie for a 9 Pound Baby. My son was rolling on the floor when he saw it.

Guess the list of suggested Idea did not give him a clue. Sleeping Bag, Backpack for school, Board Games, GameStop card.

End of Off Topic
Now THAT is a shower I would have really enjoyed attending! What a lovely gesture from your office mates and a special event for your son.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:22 PM

16,105 posts, read 8,407,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Slightly Off Topic (But Funny)

I foster/adopted my Son, he was 9 year old when I foster/adopted him. Some of my office mates through me a "Baby" (Kid) shower. The person who was through it, thought everyone knew he was 9 years old (and would be there).

Seem one my "Indirect" managers didnot know gift was for 9 year old "Baby" got him a real nice BABY onesie for a 9 Pound Baby. My son was rolling on the floor when he saw it.

Guess the list of suggested Idea did not give him a clue. Sleeping Bag, Backpack for school, Board Games, GameStop card.

End of Off Topic
Not quite as funny but similar. I did not find out the baby's sex when pregnant. I had amniocentesis due to my age, so I would have had an accurate answer, but I really wanted the surprise and at every doctor's appointment, I made sure to start off by saying I didn't want to know the sex, just so they didn't forget and mention it because it would have been in my record.

After my son was born, a casual friend very kindly gave me a baby gift that turned out to be a couple of baby dresses. I can only imagine the bemused look on my face and she said something about my having said I was having a girl. Obviously I never said that! lol!

Old 04-16-2018, 07:01 AM

17 posts, read 1,926 times
I think it will be nice to give a little toy for the sibling. I often give sibling gifts at birthday parties too. I know my kids love it when they receive a sibling gift. Just a little toy will do.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:00 PM

1,672 posts, read 810,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKate View Post
I think it will be nice to give a little toy for the sibling. I often give sibling gifts at birthday parties too. I know my kids love it when they receive a sibling gift. Just a little toy will do.
But why set them up to expect a gift when it is not their occasion (birthday, baby shower, etc.)? Can't they learn to wait for gifts when their special day occurs?

Old 04-16-2018, 02:26 PM

11,178 posts, read 12,334,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
But why set them up to expect a gift when it is not their occasion (birthday, baby shower, etc.)? Can't they learn to wait for gifts when their special day occurs?
It's part of the Prizes-for-Everyone sickness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or